Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Star Trek: Picard [spoilers]

Great episode. So many feels. Marina Sirtis knocked it out of the park.
And there was I thinking 'I can see why Marina Sirtis hasn't acted in anything else of note bar Green Street 2' Terrible actress, abysmal empath. Another poor episode, but sod it, its got some old fan faves in so we needn't bother writing anything sensible. Oh and we'll throw in Alison Pill having a fit out of nowhere. At least the minimal plot is moving on.

And there was I thinking 'I can see why Marina Sirtis hasn't acted in anything else of note bar Green Street 2' Terrible actress, abysmal empath. Another poor episode, but sod it, its got some old fan faves in so we needn't bother writing anything sensible. Oh and we'll throw in Alison Pill having a fit out of nowhere. At least the minimal plot is moving on.
why are you still watching then ? if I was not liking something so much id give up

A shame Hugh had to die because he wasn't angry and motivated by vengeance. Unlike Seven of Nine, Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix Zero One who is possibly the smartest human who has ever lived, a scientist, engineer and explorer who just fucks up shoplifters and that now.

"Admiral Picard, finally, and with the greatest respect, shut the fuck up!"

A pretty exposition-heavy episode again, but I think it worked well enough. Intriguing hints about a very big bad that's out there...

I also enjoyed the comedy accent of engineer Ian - an homage to the late James Doohan I suspect.

Well. I hate to tell you all this, but I quite enjoyed that one.

It got the fuck on with it, the amusing bits were actually amusing. There was decent dialogue amidst all the exposition, proper mild peril and, possibly most importantly, hardly any of the awful Elnor.

(half a bottle of wine might have helped too)

Well. I hate to tell you all this, but I quite enjoyed that one.

It got the fuck on with it, the amusing bits were actually amusing. There was decent dialogue amidst all the exposition, proper mild peril and, possibly most importantly, hardly any of the awful Elnor.

(half a bottle of wine might have helped too)
All good things... :)

yet more Mass Effect this week
I love mass effect, even andromeda.

Im also loving this

a theory I've seen , might be on here so apologies for not crediting you , if it was you...

the big bad ai , is the same ai from discovery which I think would be pretty cool to tie them together , but who knows..

I love mass effect, even andromeda.

Im also loving this

a theory I've seen , might be on here so apologies for not crediting you , if it was you...

the big bad ai , is the same ai from discovery which I think would be pretty cool to tie them together , but who knows..

no, my theory was

the androids used Lore as a base, not Data

I've thought the whole thing was a bit average but that last episode redeemed it - and I didn't really watch TNG, but I thought that was really affecting

Fucking dog shit. The show threatened to give us a nuanced and satisfying ending in episodes 7 and 8, before they ruined it with two of the worst, most poorly paced and written episodes of the whole series.

Hated every single thing about that episode - in fact, if anyone ever wanted to write a lengthy essay about the pathetically low standard of writing in US television drama during the 2010s then they should save themselves the effort and just show people that. Utterly risible.

Hated every single thing about that episode - in fact, if anyone ever wanted to write a lengthy essay about the pathetically low standard of writing in US television drama during the 2010s then they should save themselves the effort and just show people that. Utterly risible.
Along with most of Discovery, it feels like they're squandering all that was good about Star Trek in favour of the worst excesses of modern television.

Along with most of Discovery, it feels like they're squandering all that was good about Star Trek in favour of the worst excesses of modern television.

Discovery was by no means perfect, but at least you got the impression that the writers had actually watched and liked some of the series that it was meant to be linked to. There were episodes in which they tried to think outside the box as well as explore Trek staples like the Mirror universe in amongst all the dross.

At no point in Picard was there any evidence that the writers had done that, wanted to do it or even liked TNG. It was just stupid.

I waited to watch the last two parts together. Thought it was really messy. Redeemed by the last 10 minutes which was about as emotional as the series got since the first episode but was also a major cop out.

the flowers thing felt like a piss take out of encounter at far point. I was actually expecting Q to show up at the end and reveal this had just been one big piss about.

Back
Top Bottom