Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

I've watched S1 but haven't watched S2 yet, I've downloaded it ready for bingeing. The idea of a musical episode puts me off to be frank. Pretty much every show that has had a musical episode has made itself look ridiculous and I am afraid this will do the same. The only show I can think of that has pulled it off is the Flash where Barry Allen realised immediately he was trapped in some kind of illusion and flatly refused to sing a note. (Grant Gustin actually has quite a good voice)
S2 was good. There were only 2 episodes i didn't like, the cartoon series crossover one and the musical one. Rest of them were very good.

S2 was good. There were only 2 episodes i didn't like, the cartoon series crossover one and the musical one. Rest of them were very good.
I think the difference between the two is that if you like Lower Decks, the crossover was beyond awesome. But even if you like musicals, the musical episode was a giant meh.

I've watched S1 but haven't watched S2 yet, I've downloaded it ready for bingeing. The idea of a musical episode puts me off to be frank. Pretty much every show that has had a musical episode has made itself look ridiculous and I am afraid this will do the same.
And if there's one thing you don't expect from Star Trek it's looking ridiculous!

This is bloody brilliant, the best Trek for 25 years as already stated . Fave episode was the Kirk time travel one.
I’ve just binged both series. I loved it. Absolutely loved it. Proper Trek. Even the singing one had Amok Times daft vibes.

I wasn’t convinced by the characterisation choice with Kirk. I love all the other updated characters, but James T still doesn’t quite work for me. I’m delighted with Scott’s accent, though. Finally! He actually sounds Scottish!

Really enjoyed the time travel ep. I actually fell in love with La’an during that.

Really looking forward to next series. This is the home of Trek now. Top notch.

. I’m delighted with Scott’s accent, though. Finally! He actually sounds Scottish!

Would regional/national accents still exist in Star Trek's time? :hmm: After all you can live in Scotland and "beam" yourself (in a few seconds) to London to work each day and then "beam" yourself to New York after work to go to a restarant. That's before you consider warp travel to other planets :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom