Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Six Nations 2022

This. The hubris of that selection turned poetically to nemesis. This wasn't a jolly step out for AWJ's 150th, it was an elite test match with 6N position at stake. If we'd started with the team that started against France we'd have won, probably won ugly, but won nonetheless. Halaholo was dogshit, AWJ anonymous, Seb Davies at 6 an utter fucking blancmange and Gareth fucking Davies at 9 a liability.

Add to that the repeat failure to confect an attack, win contact or defend our ball carrier and you've got a massive, neon arrow pointing at the coaches' box with a subscript saying 'not up to it at this level'.

If only we had a ruthless, professionally run body that would leverage all its powers to sack the current setup right fucking now and replace it with something semi-competent. As it is, they'll just stumble along until our inevitable group stage defenestration at the WC
Alas

That's how you (almost) play a chip.

Nasty clash that, I heard it. But I generally respect Barnes' decisions, he strikes a good balance between safe play and flow.

RIGHT

What I want is an utterly imperious display, think first half against NZ, but the whole game. Glorious, open, running rugby with silky hands ... Ntamack dancing out of situations that would see lesser players just dumping to the floor, Villiere winning all the contact and running rings round everyone, Aldritt in everyone's faces and Dupont, ah, Dupont just everywhere all the time

HOWEVER

We've had some really nervy displays, admittedly away games and I'm still worried about that Q3 slump. Please, please let it be the imperious version!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ax^
I think this must be the most shameful Welsh home performance I've seen since the 90s. We are allowing Italy to play EXACTLY the game they came to play. We deserve to lose and I kind of hope we do as a means of exposing the charlatans currently running the coaching

If we'd started with the team that started against France we'd have won, probably won ugly, but won nonetheless. Halaholo was dogshit, AWJ anonymous, Seb Davies at 6 an utter fucking blancmange and Gareth fucking Davies at 9 a liability.
I can't work Wales out, very good against FRance, superb in the second half against England. Pivac going does what though? If Wales could get Shaun Edwards to coach then maybe, I wonder if you need clear out below Pivac?

I can't work Wales out, very good against FRance, superb in the second half against England. Pivac going does what though? If Wales could get Shaun Edwards to coach then maybe, I wonder if you need clear out below Pivac?
We need to clear out above and below. Year zero type stuff, which will never happen.

And yeah, Pivac going is just plastering over the rot. The issue is the WRU. Pivac should still go, though. That last performance was that of a moribund team: it'll get worse.

Looking forward to this.

With my Scots Irish heritage I'm not normally one to support England in sport but to see them beat this French side would be something quite spectacular especially if it results in Ireland taking the title.

I think the French probably deserved it though. They're on it like a car bonnet this tournament.

Back
Top Bottom