Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Six Nations 2022

Did Ireland just expect to win after the card? You've got to work as hard against 14 as 15. Again, England mental good, actually for the first time this tournament but in a lose-lose situation. They could never sustain it. That scrum though. Iesu Mawr.

Did anyone see the lingering shot of Eddie Jones earlier in the 2nd half, talking down his mic to someone, whilst Rory Best was gassing away for us fans at home. It was brilliant, like Rory was dubbed over Eddie. Well I laughed anyway.

There was a lot of positives for England in that performance, that despite losing they'll be happy about. A lot of fuckups by Ireland, our scrum was shocking, just ended up beating them in the gas tank in the end.

ah maybe its for the best that we lose to france and almost lose to a 14 man england in the run up to next years world cup
much to learn from it

think England would of had the best of us today they read us well even throwing in the box kicking
they have nothing to be ashamed about that preformance even if it hurts me to praise eddies orcs

Surprised to see England dominant in the kick chase, I’m forever hearing how Gaelic football skills mean Ireland is so good at that. Must concede I’ve only watched 1 game of Gaelic football ever though

Reactions: Ax^
I’ve not seen the game as my kid needs some dad time but winning away in Twickenham is a result for us. The only previous away win was in Scotland and Italy under Farrell.

ETA plus for all uncle eddies talk about how we haven’t faced physicality like England before…looks a bit silly now.

Last edited:
Did anyone see the lingering shot of Eddie Jones earlier in the 2nd half, talking down his mic to someone, whilst Rory Best was gassing away for us fans at home. It was brilliant, like Rory was dubbed over Eddie. Well I laughed anyway.
It kind of made up for ITV losing the feed at about 60 minutes in the Italy-Scotland game, and Gordon D'Arcy's mic fucking up at one point in the second game.

Is Garbisi known for having a less than powerful kick? He seemed to struggle to reach the posts with some of his place kicks, well within range of most fly halfs.

We were shite in the scrum, tbf.
It was a bit mixed alright, Healy is very much passed it and it showed. Also were we victims of England's early engagement and wheeling the scrum. While Raynal was idiosyncratic at best and England took advantage. For me we won a game against a bigger side in a rope a dope way. This is progress.

Surprised to see England dominant in the kick chase, I’m forever hearing how Gaelic football skills mean Ireland is so good at that. Must concede I’ve only watched 1 game of Gaelic football ever though
I’m pretty sceptical of the idea that elite Irish rugby players generally have enough of a background in Gaelic football for it to make a difference. Their player bases are from different demographics.

The private schools that produce the bulk of the national rugby team don’t play Gaelic football, or at least not seriously. The non fee paying schools that play Gaelic football seriously rarely play rugby. In the North, rugby is primarily played by Protestants who rarely play Gaelic. In Dublin, where both sports would be strong, even aside from the class differentiation Gaelic skews to the north of the county, rugby to the south. in Limerick, the other rugby centre, the big Gaelic sport is hurling not football.

I’m sure that some future rugby internationals are the kind of super jock kids that play a bit of everything, but rarely to a level where they’d have learned more about catching a high ball from Gaelic rather than rugby. I think that the stuff about rugby players benefiting from Gaelic skills is mostly a myth based on just a handful of players who actually did dual code to a high level.

Last edited:
That’s a really insightful post Nigel Irritable - much appreciated as it’s not an area of expertise for me what with being English :)

I’m sure I’ve heard about Robbie Henshaw too but maybe that’s my imagination. I don’t follow Irish rugby particularly closely.

So super Saturday, have to say it’s been a great 6 Nations so far. Most of the teams have made progress I think, especially Italy, whom are developing but need to unearth a scrum half and a 12 and defensively minded 13.

They will lose to Wales but I think it will be a cracker, esp as Wales have got better as the tournament has gone on.

Ireland vs Scotland, I think we should win as the game is developing well we coped with England and their higher tackle strategy, be interesting to see kinghorn as I think he’s a much better player than Russell.

France to beat England. And it will be a deserved slam, great aggressive rugby and the battle between Itoje and Williamse will be a joy watch two arch cheats. England will lose because their not the all blacks. They can’t think their structureless game is gonna tick any time soon. England do well with a brutish pack, a ten that can kick every point and some great wingers.

Not going to disagree with any of that.

Wales bonus point win, they finish on 11 pts
Scotland get a losing bonus point in Dublin 11 pts
England lose by more than 7, finish on 10 pts, 5th place.

Not been a good 6 Nations for us, even if the above worst case doesn't play out.

Finn being a fud again. I think he would have been dropped anyway as he has not being up to scratch all tournament. Will be interesting how Kinghorn fares.

Back
Top Bottom