Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Shoplifting on the rise

it’s just too much effort to have to try and get on with new folk too. I’ve only just got comfortable and now there are strangers everywhere

Do you still feel this way today or was this some kind of local firestorm in your head yesterday?

This is not your board.

The way you feel is about you.

There are lots of people here who don't agree with you about this.

When you started this curmudgeonly “local board for local people” schtick I gave you the benefit of the doubt and assumed you were grandstanding your on-board pissed off curmudgeonly old git thing as a kind of joke. But you’ve either lost perspective on the joke, or you really are being genuinely objectionable about having new people join the boards.

It’s ugly behaviour OU. You claim to be reasonable and kind. Where is any of that here?

If you’re having genuine issues with having new people join the boards find a way to handle it more gracefully please.

I feel embarrassed to have such a public display of mean spirited bad manners being displayed so brazenly by a ,ing term regular poster.

It may be that you don’t understand the impact your words might have. I’ve fucked off more than once directly because of your behaviour towards me. That may be the effect you’re looking for but ffs OU there are much more interesting ways to be powerful than by having a go at people.

Other posters who are spitting and frothing torrents of ugly shite also need to sort it out please.

New posters. Please don’t judge the whole board by the few loud people who are being unkind. There’s a bunch of people here, some of whom keep a lower profile and don’t pile in with the insults. We do tend to be direct and blunt, that’s just the way we are (it actually less full on these days than it once was) but don’t assume that everyone gives it the mean spirited attacks.

campanula I understand what you say. I’d miss you if you leave and I always look for you on the boards.

I was mostly having a bit of fun being contrary and grumpy but the initial gripe was genuine. Makes me feel uncomfortable having loads of new people arrive. I should have expressed that less stridently, perhaps, so apologies for upsetting anyone. Wasn’t my intention, the grumpy persona is supposed to be funny. That’s one of the reasons I bristle at new posters as they won’t get that.

I was mostly having a bit of fun being contrary and grumpy but the initial gripe was genuine. Makes me feel uncomfortable having loads of new people arrive. I should have expressed that less stridently, perhaps, so apologies for upsetting anyone. Wasn’t my intention, the grumpy persona is supposed to be funny. That’s one of the reasons I bristle at new posters as they won’t get that.

Thanks for explaining.

Just so you know, as an old poster your grumpy old git schtick doesn’t strike me as funny and sometimes actively upsets me or pisses me off.

OK, but it wasn’t just new posters who “didn’t get the joke”. campanula is taking a break because of it.

It's one thing being grumpy and contrary, and another being outright hostile and aggressive. It all started over nothing, and ended up with you causing another member to leave the forum for a while. Hope your happy.

The "ignore" facility is particularly handy for the kind of low-level personality clashes that occasionally mar one's interactions on the boards. I can thoroughly recommend it.
And it’s not final either. It can be useful to turn it on for a day or two if you’re not feeling like dealing with someone’s snash, then turn it off when you’re feeling a bit stronger.

The "ignore" facility is particularly handy for the kind of low-level personality clashes that occasionally mar one's interactions on the boards. I can thoroughly recommend it.
It wasn't a low-level personality clash. It was nasty and caused someone to leave the forum. I am fully aware of the 'ignore' facility and will use it at my own discretion.

It is odd having new usernames popping up but it's also pretty cool. Nice one on the apology; perhaps everyone can leave it now?

I wouldn't have stopped, but I'm a contrary cunt. I'd have kept walking and told him to follow you home if he wanted to see your receipt, as it was at the bottom of your bag.
Fuck that shit. They can't search you without your consent, and they can't detain you without reasonable grounds to suspect you've committed a crime. Filling a quota isn't reasonable grounds.

It’s more than that. Unlike old bill * anyone else, including store security, needs to know a crime HAS been committed before detaining someone they suspect of it. If no crime was committed then no detention can be lawful and likewise any force used to enforce it is unlawful and so an assault.

“ Cops can arrest on the basis of reasonable suspicion a crime has occurred combined with reasonable suspicion the person detained did it…

It’s more than that. Unlike old bill * anyone else, including store security, needs to know a crime HAS been committed before detaining someone they suspect of it. If no crime was committed then no detention can be lawful and likewise any force used to enforce it is unlawful and so an assault.

“ Cops can arrest on the basis of reasonable suspicion a crime has occurred combined with reasonable suspicion the person detained did it…
I think some people are given a uniform to wear, and it goes to their head!

Back
Top Bottom