Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Sewing Bee 2024

I thought the first challenge was too difficult.
The Bake Off-ifucation of these shows is unfortunate.

What I will say is, while Bake Off has long since become a semi-pro competition, with very tight timings, and Pottery has never really been 'properly' amateur, Sewing Bee retains an amateur/hobbyist air that I hope stays for as long as they renew it.

(Anyway, for this series, I'll just summarise my thoughts:

PUPPETS! BUTTONS! ADHD! SHADE! )

Have standards really dropped? Basic skills such as zips, hems. fastenings seem to be a bit dodge. I get that there is the time jeopardy but I dread to think what the actual finishing is like (no linings, interfacings and I don't think I have seen anyone pressing seams yet). The fella doing the chit-chat is not super-annoying so that's a plus point for me (I was desperate for someone to lose their rag and give Lycett a slap).

Yes I like the presenter.

I think the lady who won garment of the week this week might win.
I found myself thinking at the beginning of the episode that she hadn't really shown us what she was made of yet. I loved that dress.

I think they may be giving less time than in previous serieseseses. Certainly everyone seems more pressured. The wedding dress challenge was a lot of work though also.

Suzy's Jane Horrocks, right? We only know most of them by nicknames, except for Pascha, who is an obvious winner. I quite liked Jane Horrocks's dress this week, and thought she definitely deserved to get through after a few weeks where she scraped through.

The guy who went out has the nickname Serial Killer. I feel bad, because everything he says makes him seem like a lovely bloke, but his dead stare looks very much like "he kept himself to himself - we always thought the needles were just for sewing..."

Back
Top Bottom