Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Gladiators (2024 version)

I just think they could be a bit more imaginative (& stupid 🙂). Here’s a few I’ve just thought of:

Wasp
Gumption
Primark
Conker
Smegma
Propane
Castle
Lava
Girth
Horn
Et Cetera
Etc..
I always remember from the original series period seeing an interview with a little girl on Saturday morning TV where for some reason they asked her what would be her Gladiator name and she thought about it and said... 'Strawberry' :D

I always remember from the original series period seeing an interview with a little girl on Saturday morning TV where for some reason they asked her what would be her Gladiator name and she thought about it and said... 'Strawberry' :D
Absolutely - the emphasis has always been on aggressive animals, tumultuous natural events, etc.
The more abstract, the better s far as I’m concerned 🥹

As it happens I was thinking about the Gladiator names yesterday and whether they reflected the times we live in etc.

The original 90s series- Female:

Flame, Phoenix, Scorpio, Jet, Panther, Lightning, Zodiac, Nightshade, Falcon....

Current BBC series-Female

Athena, Comet, Diamond, Dynamite, Electro, Fire, Fury, Sabre.

Would have been great if she made it to this series using that name.

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions and loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son. Husband to a murdered wife. And I will go on the first whistle.

Last edited:
I'm sensing Legend is tapping the Wolf vibe more than Viper. Viper's a bit more like Shadow - quiet but straight-faced, staring down his opponents. Giant seems like Warrior back in the day.

Has anyone else noticed the change to the men's Eliminator? I'm sure back in the day the women did the monkey bars, and the men did a hanging hand bike, but now they're both on the bars.

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions and loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son. Husband to a murdered wife. And I will go on the first whistle.
You will not be emperor

I'm sensing Legend is tapping the Wolf vibe more than Viper. Viper's a bit more like Shadow - quiet but straight-faced, staring down his opponents. Giant seems like Warrior back in the day.

Has anyone else noticed the change to the men's Eliminator? I'm sure back in the day the women did the monkey bars, and the men did a hanging hand bike, but now they're both on the bars.
Yeah. I wondered about the bike thing.
Whatever happened to the word association thread?

I quite like the Ring as a new event, although they're tempting fate by putting a big G on the spot they're trying to find.

Is it a bit unfair that the contenders go against different Gladiators in things like Duel? Giant is going to be a lot harder to dislodge, and will probably hit harder because of his size, than, say, Viper.

Is it a bit unfair that the contenders go against different Gladiators in things like Duel?

Duel is annoying me for that reason and the fact they put it on first, when for the first series it was always last. Tilt (from series two) was the first event where the gladiator was swapped for each contender. They clearly want to copy the 1992 version, but there're just these little things that they should have picked up on.

Back
Top Bottom