Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Russell Brand: rape and sexual abuse allegations, grifting and general dodginess - discussion

The world's best sports masseur in the world wouldn't charge £500 per hour. Clearly a call girl

Is touching a call girl now becoming a police matter ?!

Holy fuck this is ridiculous

---

What's obviously going on is that everyone goes full confirmation bias and posts anything with the words sex + Brand. Can't people apply some critical thought per accusation?
Oh another Logic Bro.

These are reports. We are not judges or juries. I think what most of us are saying is that they deserve to be investigated and perhaps be bought in front of judges and juries

Don’t you?

A Logic Bro? How on earth is this a pejorative
It means you think you’re being clever. However, in reality, you’re failing to take into account everything that can’t be straightforwardly measured. So you concentrate on what is legal and completely ignore what is seen as culturally acceptable or moral. You talk about court cases and forget that people are entitled to form an opinion regardless of whether or not something goes to court. You quantify everything but value nothing.

It means you think you’re being clever. However, in reality, you’re failing to take into account everything that can’t be straightforwardly measured. So you concentrate on what is legal and completely ignore what is seen as culturally acceptable or moral. You talk about court cases and forget that people are entitled to form an opinion regardless of whether or not something goes to court. You quantify everything but value nothing.
If you're saying that applying a cold rationale of logic on a per-accusation basis is the work of a smarty pants then you're a fucking idiot

The world's best sports masseur in the world wouldn't charge £500 per hour. Clearly a call girl

---

What's obviously going on is that everyone goes full confirmation bias and posts anything with the words sex + Brand. Can't people apply some critical thought per accusation?
Wow.

Especially if it’s based on folks’ actual reports. Like, as a commited Logic Lord, surely you’d want deep and thorough investigations of such reports.

Not in all cases I guess.

---

Right. So if she was - as you allege with absolutely zero evidence - a call girl, why would she then go to the police to report inappropriate sexual contact?

He is also highly intelligent and knows that medication can help avoid the extremes of bipolarity.
If he does have bipolar..then he has the wealth and intelligence to be able to control that. I don't believe he deserves a "get out of jail" card because of it.
Many people who are bipolar are far less fortunate than him and really struggle and do not go around using and abusing others.
I'm not defending him, but he did stop the inappropriate sexual behaviour, which suggests he knew it wasn't ok. He always called it sex addiction. I don't recall him mentioning bipolar in his book though, or anywhere else. But maybe he wanted to keep it private back when I was paying attention.

Edit: Interestingly when I googled just now it would appear he was diagnosed at a young age...

Last edited:

---

FFS you horrible prick, fuck right off.

Stuck him on ignore, can we ban apologists for sexual assault from this thread, or ideally the whole place?
I’m all for debate, but outright alleged rapist defenders are something else. Christ knows how it must read for those who have suffered such crimes

Hall of infamy of people/orgs who are defending Brand:

Andrew Tate
Elon Musk
Alex Jones
Tucker Carlson
Spiked!
GB News
Nigel Farage
Allison Pearson
George Galloway
Chris Williamson
Julia Hartley Brewer
Katie Hopkins

Any others?
From another thread, Pearl Davis (1.8 million subscribers on youtube) and Anna "lol lmao I stand with Brand obviously" Khachiyan (£48,660 per month on Patreon).

If you're saying that applying a cold rationale of logic on a per-accusation basis is the work of a smarty pants then you're a fucking idiot
I’m saying that you think you’re applying logic but you’re not, because you haven’t understood the predicates contained within your logic system. I mean, you have actually studied formal logic, right Paul?

I'm not defending him, but he did stop the inappropriate sexual behaviour, which suggests he knew it wasn't ok. He always called it sex addiction. I don't recall him mentioning bipolar in his book though, or anywhere else. But maybe he wanted to keep it private.

From what I've seen, he's still maintaining his behaviour was consensual, ie denying it was inappropriate.

paul mckenna you liked my post. My incredulity is that a person who presumably reads posts on Urban75 still thinks it is not possible to sexually assault a sex worker. That is an appalling attitude to hold in 2023.

Furthermore, your inference that this person is indeed a sex worker is all your own.

In short: stfu.

Yeah, even if hypothetically they were a sex worker, explicitly hired to wank him off, that doesn't mean they've agreed for him to touch them sexually, which is what it's alleged has happened.

If he does that without consent, it's clearly still sexual assault, whatever their profession.

From what I've seen, he's still maintaining his behaviour was consensual, ie denying it was inappropriate.
I said many posts ago he should own up to it and stop gaslighting these women but I don't think there's ever been a famous sex offender who's openly admitted to it because it'd mean going to jail?

What every victim wants is aknowledgment they are telling the truth and an apology. It is hardly ever given. The best they can hope for instead is that there is enough evidence and a conviction. An apology is an admission of guilt and proof that could lead to a conviction, so it rarely happens.

But, didn't he send an apologetic message to one of his victims? The one in LA, iirc.

Last edited:

---

This actually made me shiver a bit. WTAF.

I see no reason why not. Rich celebrities will pay sky high prices for all sorts of things. But you haven't answered my question. Why would she go to the police?
You avoiding the circumstantial evidence here that the masseur is being paid a good 3x normal rates, but coincidentally the going rate for outcall sex, matters a whole deal here

Because if this person was indeed a sex worker, then touching them isn't inappropriate, it's basically the only appropriate thing to do!!

You'd have a to draw your own conclusions why she'd make the police complaint - it could be for gain or it could be for serious assault. But the article says "inappropriate touching"

Yeah, even if hypothetically they were a sex worker, explicitly hired to wank him off, that doesn't mean they've agreed for him to touch them sexually, which is what it's alleged has happened.

If he does that without consent, it's clearly still sexual assault, whatever their profession.
I once got paid £300 to talk for an hour, so i don't think £500 is that much to pay for a travelling, trained masseuse at all.

Back
Top Bottom