Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Rochdale by-election

Yes, one wonders if there are more gems in there.

In this week's Sun on Sunday : STARMER ADMITS TO OWNING GARY GLITTER LPS AT NOTORIOUS ANTI-SEMITE HATE FEST.

It doesn't matter who wins here as whichever loon or prodigal son elected likely will be turfed out in six months. But the coming general election will be by far the most toxic ever fought, sadly, and many people will ask the question if it's worth the candle, paying all this tax money to be ruled by such fucking idiots, simpletons and grasping selfish morons.

Difficult to see how any Rochdale folk could convince themselves that it's worth voting in this by-election
Probably the most accurate prediction so far, it will be awesome if barely anyone votes and Ravin Rodent Subortna romps home since let's face it how can you not love a name like that?
I think that concerns about the Gaza Strip War may motivate people to vote.
I'm another who thinks that the War in Gaza is not an issue that will have more than the most minimal effect on any election in this country. However assuming for the sake of argument it does why would anyone vote for Galloway as a result of that?
Setting aside the fact that the man is a self-serving grifter who cares only because he thinks it will win him votes, him winning won't change anything in the slightest, it won't make Sunak or even Starmer change their stance let alone Biden or Netanyahu.
Even if Galloway genuinely tried and failed to do something (a big IF with him) he will certainly be swept away by another Labour candidate whenever Sevenbins accepts the fact he's screwed and calls a GE.
It's not impossible if there is a low turnout that Galloway does win because he is a known name and the good people of Rochdale are rightfully pissed at being treated like idiot. But me I reckon Ali will win and might even be allowed back in the Labour Party if he does well enough. I don't think most people care about anti-semitism either and believe it was the excuse rather than the real reason for chucking out Corbyn.

Have the IDF, Mossad, Netenyahu held their hands up then and said they didn't notice a massive terrorist attack being planned for years literally miles away from their forces for years in a tiny area smaller than London? And then basically waved them through and didn't show up for hours while the attacks were happening?

I can totally see him winning it. I live in a largely Muslim area. The fury at what is happening in Palestine, not just Gaza, but the West Bank too as I speak is unbelievable. That prospective MP was only vocalising what many Muslims think and Galloway is echoing it, in his own way. It's fucking disgusting and Israelis should be ashamed of their government. Either every single Israeli security force is absolutely incompetent or they let this happen. Hmm.

Filth.

Probably the most accurate prediction so far, it will be awesome if barely anyone votes and Ravin Rodent Subortna romps home since let's face it how can you not love a name like that?

I'm another who thinks that the War in Gaza is not an issue that will have more than the most minimal effect on any election in this country. However assuming for the sake of argument it does why would anyone vote for Galloway as a result of that?
Setting aside the fact that the man is a self-serving grifter who cares only because he thinks it will win him votes, him winning won't change anything in the slightest, it won't make Sunak or even Starmer change their stance let alone Biden or Netanyahu.
Even if Galloway genuinely tried and failed to do something (a big IF with him) he will certainly be swept away by another Labour candidate whenever Sevenbins accepts the fact he's screwed and calls a GE.
It's not impossible if there is a low turnout that Galloway does win because he is a known name and the good people of Rochdale are rightfully pissed at being treated like idiot. But me I reckon Ali will win and might even be allowed back in the Labour Party if he does well enough. I don't think most people care about anti-semitism either and believe it was the excuse rather than the real reason for chucking out Corbyn.

Less of that dare to struggle dare to win recklessness about changing things Micki . People should just know their place, their role and their fate in life and just vote Labour.

Labour have ditched him.

As nominations have already closed, Labour don't have a candidate in this by-election.

Not a huge loss imv - they've lost Rochdale (which they didn't hold anyway), but mitigated an issue that might have impacted their efforts in far more seats.

Absolutely shit candidate selection though, absolutely shit. Almost excusable in a GE when you've got to trawl through the twitter feed of thousands of potentials, often with little time to do it, but this is just one by-election.

I think that "Keir Starmer has changed Labour so that it is unrecognisable from the party of 2019" line is an underappreciated aspect of this whole shitshow. He certainly has, for one thing the party of 2019 had an MP in Rochdale.
Fantastic. Guardian alleging that the local Labour line could be be 'Vote for a sex pest to keep out Galloway'.

View attachment 411928
"Vote for a sex pest who's running for RefUK because he's just that passionate about leaving the ECHR", what a great Labour position.
Well, there isn't one really. Galloway winning would be a multi spectrum horror, certainly, but just about the only ant-genocide vote.
1707854436281.jpeg
(sorry)
What about the vicar? He's the only former political prisoner in contention.
Yeah, the vicar seems like the obvious best choice of the bunch. Especially since, if he could manage to get himself sent down again, he'd then be the one candidate who could convincingly promise to not do anything fucking stupid in Parliament. Having said that, given her documented fondness for northwestern pizzerias, you'd think the pizza man should be a shoe-in to get endorsed by the Guardian's Northern editor.

Nope, it's someone reacting to a massacre. It's no different to someone saying 'fucking America' following American atrocities. Someone coming out with 'fucking Israel' might of course be antisemitic, those words aren't.
If you are in the Labour Party you can only react to massacres if you repeat the Starmer/Lammy script prompts which will be revised when and if the Americans issue a press release . This is what grown ups do if they are in the room .

Nope, it's someone reacting to a massacre. It's no different to someone saying 'fucking America' following American atrocities. Someone coming out with 'fucking Israel' might of course be antisemitic, those words aren't.
Yeah, the article does provide a bit more context:
Jones said during the meeting: “I’m sure when [world leaders] go home, like me, pardon my French [they say] ‘fucking Israel’ again.”
Which illustrates the line-blurring silliness that's going on here - I can see why Ali's comments, even if not antisemitic in themselves, can be seen as going too close to a line, drawing on dodgy conspiratorial tropes, etc, but I can't see any comments from Jones reported so far as being anything other than just... sensible really. Bit baffled as to what someone with a functioning moral compass was doing in Labour in 2024 in the first place.
Having said all that, I first encountered the Jones news from some headline that reported him saying "f******* Israel" and was briefly confused as to whether he'd been calling Israel the f-slur, which would seem like a more reasonable grounds for withdrawing him.

Updates.
1. Ali - disowned by Labour Party
2. Coleman - jailed for Just Stop Oil protest
3. Danczuk - lost Labour whip for texting a 17-year old girl
4. Donaldson - accused of giving Nazi salute during council meeting
5. Ellison - he's a Tory
6. Galloway - allow yourself time to research
7. M. Howarth - owns restaurant in Rochdale
8. W. Howarth - anti-grooming anti-everything type
9. Otten - disowned by Green Party
10. Subortna - Official Monster Raving Loony Party candidate
11. Tully - owns garage/mechanics in Rochdale
What has Rochdale done to deserve this shit show?

A question: does anyone know when Starmer's obsession with antisemitism began? I've always assumed he just dived on board the criticism of Corbyn over AS as a Labour right wingers himself. In that sense it became about His positioning, but also and even more so, a tool to batter the left. Does anything in his political make up predate this? Hard to know of course given his DPP role, which precluded public political statements.

Yes, one wonders if there are more gems in there.

In this week's Sun on Sunday : STARMER ADMITS TO OWNING GARY GLITTER LPS AT NOTORIOUS ANTI-SEMITE HATE FEST.

It doesn't matter who wins here as whichever loon or prodigal son elected likely will be turfed out in six months. But the coming general election will be by far the most toxic ever fought, sadly, and many people will ask the question if it's worth the candle, paying all this tax money to be ruled by such fucking idiots, simpletons and grasping selfish morons.
You got me thinking of what Milord Keir's musical tastes must be and sure enough it turns out he was on Desert Island Discs. Starts off with a decent bit of Northern Soul, but the rest is (predominantly) as beige as you'd expect. You can't object to the Grenfell song he has on last, but that's there for political rather than musical reasons. Obviously I've not listened to the programme, as narcolepsy is a very real condition.

Back
Top Bottom