Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Rishi Sunak’s time is up!

Watched the whole thing on YouTube there is a long pause before he starts as well as he finishes. He stares fixedly in one direction as if reading it off a teleprompter. He probably isn't so I suspect he has just memorised rather than off the cuff.
There's no passion there at all.

Such a change from Truss then.
Very much so, Truss was animated, stark staring bonkers but definitely animated. Perhaps the two are not unconnected. Rishi Robot seems a more appropriate name for him rather than Rishi Rich after that performance. People will be nodding off in PMQ's

He might be better than Truss or Johnson at uniting the Tory party, but he’s not going to win a general election with that lack of charisma. Christ, who knew Starmer could be out boringed?

It doesn’t matter. Him and Starmer are both acceptable to the media, the market and capital. Both fully adhere to the Treasury Orthodoxy of managed decline. Both are committed to full compliance with the demands of the market for spending cuts and tax rises. Both accept the logic of austerity. Both offer ‘sound money’. Both implicitly and explicitly reaffirm the primacy of the technocracy over politics especially when the latter threatens powerful vested interests.

Politics now becomes a battle between Sunak and Starmer about who can offer ‘the best’ austerity. In that sense who wins the next election is irrelevant. The battle for the restoration of a particular form of politics has been won

It doesn’t matter. Him and Starmer are both acceptable to the media, the market and capital. Both fully adhere to the Treasury Orthodoxy of managed decline. Both are committed to full compliance with the demands of the market for spending cuts and tax rises. Both accept the logic of austerity. Both offer ‘sound money’. Both implicitly and explicitly reaffirm the primacy of the technocracy over politics especially when the latter threatens powerful vested interests.

Politics now becomes a battle between Sunak and Starmer about who can offer ‘the best’ austerity. In that sense who wins the next election is irrelevant. The battle for the restoration of a particular form of politics has been won
Compared to that load of twaddle, Sunak was riveting.

If Charles keeled over shortly after extending his blessing when bidding farewell to Truss and welcoming Sunak -- which is a long shot, but not a statistical monstrosity by any means -- wouldn't it look a bit odd?

I imagine he won't have BoZo, Truss Queenslayer (love that why didn’t I think of it?) or Kamikaze but other than that no idea.
I hope he gets shut of Mogg, my brother commented yesterday that Mogg only needs a rotating bow tie to be a total clown and tis hard to disagree with that.

I don't recall Divali being a big deal in Warwickshire in previous years looks like an air raid over the local town.

Interesting to see if he has a different relationship with Modi in India, Russia influence and all that? I heard one strategic analyst saying he wasn't into foreign policy so what will happen when things go very dark in Ukraine?

Reactions: Ax^
i think we can be confident that we wont see him sticking out of the turret of a tank in helmet and flak jacket any time soon.That in itself could be a blessing.

i think we can be confident that we wont see him sticking out of the turret of a tank in helmet and flak jacket any time soon.That in itself could be a blessing.

Wonder if there's any chance of his foreign secretary being somebody with experience in the role who likes to cosplay in tanks.

Interesting to see if he has a different relationship with Modi in India, Russia influence and all that? I heard one strategic analyst saying he wasn't into foreign policy so what will happen when things go very dark in Ukraine?

he has connection with Modi thru his wife

slightly worrying how that connections will line up

Back
Top Bottom