Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Rishi Sunak’s time is up!

Fucksake it's even more depressing and shit than ever. He's young! He's rich! He's Asian! Yeah look at us all progressive and historic!

Meanwhile we go on freezing and starving, addicted to drugs and in thrall to celebs, disengaged, distracted and atomised while everything we value gets sold off under our arses. The lies continue, the cronyism grows, real opposition of any kind continues to wither and splinter.

Every day in every way we're more fucked and hopeless, and I can't see past it at all.

Fuck sunak, fuck his 'nonwhite'ness, fuck his competence and his furlough laurels, fuck his smug little smile and everyone who thinks he's going to be better than what there was before. And as an aside, fuck Labour who are as useless and toothless and mendacious as I've ever seen them.

Good morning!

he's the sweetcorn in a pile of shit.
after the trusscoylapse being a cunt looks like the voice of sanity.
the tory membership is pissed they can't vote for Boris or an even worse choice.

If I was Rishi I'd troll modi and his bjp supporters into believing the UK was going Hindu for lols :D because frankly the we are in the shit

Feels like every PM since I was born has done PPE at Oxford. I can't be arsed to google it but its just bizarre, thats what you do if aged 18 you have ambitions to be PM. Great system such diverse.

Feels like every PM since I was born has done PPE at Oxford. I can't be arsed to google it but its just bizarre, thats what you do if aged 18 you have ambitions to be PM. Great system such diverse.
Well apart from (off the top of my head)

Margaret Thatcher
John Major
Tony Blair
Gordon Brown
Theresa May
Boris Johnson

(ETA Admittedly all Oxford I think apart from Major and Brown.)

Just Cameron and Sunak
And liz. But yeah I forgot Johnson didn’t do Ppe, he did classics. Hunt did the correct degree though so that’s good.

Quite interesting sort of, article about what that course is like

He goes to meet King Chucky this morning, pity Phil the Greek isn't around anymore we could have relied on him to make some tasteless and inappropriate remarks at this point.

he's the sweetcorn in a pile of shit.
after the trusscoylapse being a cunt looks like the voice of sanity.
the tory membership is pissed they can't vote for Boris or an even worse choice.

If I was Rishi I'd troll modi and his bjp supporters into believing the UK was going Hindu for lols :D because frankly the we are in the shit
i hate sweetcorn
Look at the process of candidate blocking by Starmers Labour for details

just popping this here to read later cos i think it is interesting, the country being largely ruled by a small group of people who have had this particular shared experience

I think it's rather unremarkable that lots of politicians have studied the most popular social sciences degree at the most prestigious university in the country for social sciences.

I think it's rather unremarkable that lots of politicians have studied the most popular social sciences degree at the most prestigious university in the country for social sciences.
Really? I think it is quite remarkable. As is this:

'Of the 541 MPs with higher education degrees in the 2015-2017 Parliament, only 93 (17%) held degrees in STEM subjects; for comparison, 46% of UK students in 2019 graduated in STEM subjects. This lack of scientific experience among MPs is at odds with the increasing pertinence of scientific issues and techniques to political decision-making.'

just popping this here to read later cos i think it is interesting, the country being largely ruled by a small group of people who have had this particular shared experience
yeh ian bone was posting on his blog about ppe and oxford many years back eg STEPHEN HESTER – ALWAYS KICK A RICH FUCKING SCUMBAG WHEN HE’S DOWN

Simon Kuper's book on this is good.

It goes without saying, reading this history, that the overwhelming influence of a single kind of graduate from a single university (and often a single school, Eton) at the top of British public life has been profoundly damaging.

Back
Top Bottom