Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Rishi Sunak’s time is up!

I thought about a year ago, the media had already put the idea into the public domain that he was going to be the next PM.

They were calling him Dishi Rishi, and toting him to be the next PM.

That's why Johnson was allowed to stay for so long. Because who ever come's after Boris, will be welcomed with open arms, and the public will think.

"He can't be worse than Boris."

Always worth digging this up again, from The Sunday Times 16 February 2020. It's been posted earlier, but here's the paywall busted version.
<snip>
Rishi Sunak was part of a small team of hedge fund bosses who shared nearly £100m after an audacious stock market bet that lit the touchpaper on the 2008 financial crisis.
The new chancellor was a partner at the hedge fund TCI when it launched an activist campaign against the Dutch bank ABN Amro in 2007, resulting in its sale to the Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS).
The deal loaded RBS, at the time led by Sir Fred Goodwin, who was stripped of his knighthood in 2012, with crippling debt and led to a £45.5bn government bailout.

Sunak’s time at TCI between 2006 and 2009 made him a multimillionaire in his mid-twenties and, according to fund managers who worked with him at the time, set him on the road to becoming chancellor.

I asked an Indian colleague what her country's media is saying about the UK's current political meltdown. And she basically said all they focus on is Rishi Sunak: Lust for Glory, i.e. the S-man's rise to power.

Soon we won't have Liz Truss to kick around any more - and then what?

And if the S-man becomes PM, only to shit the bed like the J-man and the T-woman before him - then what? Then we'll know for certain that the rot is really systemic.

corbyn.gif

I asked an Indian colleague what her country's media is saying about the UK's current political meltdown. And she basically said all they focus on is Rishi Sunak: Lust for Glory, i.e. the S-man's rise to power.

Soon we won't have Liz Truss to kick around any more - and then what?

And if the S-man becomes PM, only to shit the bed like the J-man and the T-woman before him - then what? Then we'll know for certain that the rot is really systemic.

corbyn.gif
we already knew the rot was systemic

Now the billionaire crook is back in a position of power will he be resigning over his partygate fine at last? That seemed to get lost amongst the shitstorm causing Johnson to resign. If even the shameless scrotum Johnson resigned over it, then surely Sunak has to too.

Sunak out now!

Back
Top Bottom