Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Luke Akehurst's time is up

The previous MP for North Durham, Kevan Jones, is a member of LFI. So, if Akehurst should become MP, there will be some consistency.

According to Declassified, Jones has accepted financial assistance from the Israeli state and, like the rest of them, has gone on jollies to Israel.
According to his Wikipedia, Jones is the son of a miner, educated at a comprehensive school/Newcastle Poly and was then a local councillor and GMB official.

I'm guessing that back story at least is much more sellable to a lot of voters than a privately-educated bloke from/living in the SE with no obvious links to the area.

Sadly, the vile man's nomination went through and he'll end up an MP. I'd guess a PPS for 12 months, then a junior minister. There's competition here, I know, but in the top 5 worst MPs in the next Parliament. And I'm including Tories in that.

Sadly, the vile man's nomination went through and he'll end up an MP. I'd guess a PPS for 12 months, then a junior minister. There's competition here, I know, but in the top 5 worst MPs in the next Parliament. And I'm including Tories in that.

That's probably the plan but I suspect having a greater public profile will not actually pan out that well for Akehurst as it'll just empower him to become even more radioactively awful and eventually do or say something so far beyond the pale that even the worm Starmer won't be able to defend him any more.

gives some of the tweets he deleted

Research shared with Novara Media has revealed a litany of antisemitism, anti-Black racism and misogyny among the now-deleted tweets and blog posts of Labour candidate Luke Akehurst.

In blog posts seen by Novara Media, Akehurst said that the late actress and Labour MP Glenda Jackson made him “want to puke” and “sets my gag reflex going”. He also suggested that Guardian columnist Polly Toynbee was “hysterical” and should “put a sock in it”.

In another blog post from 2008, Akehurst expressed strong support for Guantanamo Bay, the US offshore detention centre notorious for its use of torture, including waterboarding (one detainee recalled being subjected to the practice 83 times in a single month).
The Oxford-based candidate for North Durham has already faced widespread criticism for his previous remarks, which have led some to call him a “bigot”.

In one instance, Akehurst, who is not Jewish, suggested that non- and anti-Zionist Jews “have abandoned very much of their Jewish identity”. “They don’t go to shul [synagogue] at all,” he said. “It’s become a purely cultural thing around a bowl of chicken soup.”

Commenting on Akehurst’s remarks to Novara Media, Polanski, who is Jewish, said: “It feels galling for this man – who isn’t a fellow Jew – to both be trying to police our Judaism and erase the contribution of leftwing Jews.”

Akehurst also imputed an “inner conflict” to a Black Jew who does not support Israel. Akehurst said Jackie Walker “has mixed antecedents. Jewish on one side and Caribbean on the other side. I can only interpret her remarks as somehow playing out some inner conflict.”

Pragmatically he's in his fifties, has health issues, and is a mad prick. He might end up a whip, but he's not got more than a term in him imo.
Well see, but he has serious leadership backing at the moment. Happy to ignore his racism and hideous views on the middle east. Whips office might be a good call, a place where he'd have to learn a bit of self discipline, whilst using his machine 'skills'.

Got around to actually listening to the video now, and is anyone actually confident that she actually says "you belong in Iran"? As far as I can tell, it seems to be something like "how many children [something] in Iran, but you're not shouting about that?", so I'm guessing that the missing bit is more like "being killed" than "belong". Which would help to explain why it's not a bigger story, I suppose.

Got around to actually listening to the video now, and is anyone actually confident that she actually says "you belong in Iran"? As far as I can tell, it seems to be something like "how many children [something] in Iran, but you're not shouting about that?", so I'm guessing that the missing bit is more like "being killed" than "belong". Which would help to explain why it's not a bigger story, I suppose.

There's another video posted earlier in the thread that make it clearer. She says "well, we could say you belong in Iran, but we're not."

Editing it out is stupid. I know some people would fall for the "well, I could say" thing, but this way it's obviously edited.

The toast is quite obviously intended to be shared between several breakfasters on his table.

Back
Top Bottom