Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

RCP/Spiked/IoI

Awkward

DHDWy33WAAAsLEz.jpg

(That seems to be Jeremy Bedford-Turner from the London Forum endorsing Spiked there.)

via

Don't see anything wrong, or inaccurate, about that, to be honest. Or much else that B O' N/Spiked routinely say. Just a pity about the allies they've spent so much time cultivating.

lulz

good to see their dull as f*ck, "establishment-ass kissing-diguised-as-anti-pc contrarianism" is finally getting them Murdoch gigs though, onwards + upwards, Furedi' + co's kids private schools fees won't pay themselves.

Last edited:
In a dream-team partnership, the Institute of Ideas has joined with G4S to bring enlightenment to our prisons:

Thinking beyond bars

Adam Rawcliffe, Director of External Affairs at the Institute of Ideas, explains why the Debating Matters Beyond Bars programme is making a real difference to prisoners’ lives at HM Prison Birmingham

I remember an article in LM ..1992 (?) backing the Shining Path.. who were responsible for loads of ethnically-targetted village massacres in Peru. Not very responsible of these extreme 'Trots' and fits in with the infantile policy array. :facepalm:

I remember an article in LM ..1992 (?) backing the Shining Path.. who were responsible for loads of ethnically-targetted village massacres in Peru. Not very responsible of these extreme 'Trots' and fits in with the infantile policy array. :facepalm:

Which massacres with an ethnic dimension?

Yes, this is what I was asking about specifically.

They aren't my cup of tea to put it mildly, but aside from class and ethnicity/racism being a tangle vis-a-vis middle class and recently proletarianised mestizo cadre and indigenous Indian peasant, their political organisation and violence was significantly based on both Chinese and Vietnamese learned warfare and terrorism. Class grievance and its direction was the mobilising factor in organisation.

Whilst reading the lengthy BuzzFeed bin-rummage on Milo and Breitbart, I noticed that some posh Bristol student (ex-Rugby, UoB, internship at the Spectator etc) was involved - Ben Kew. And lo, which esteemed UK organ published his work before he was fully Bannonised as a regular staff writer on BB?

The University of Bristol is now censoring student fiction

https://www.linkedin.com/in/ben-kew-88a220a0/

Here's How Breitbart And Milo Smuggled Nazi and White Nationalist Ideas Into The Mainstream

Note also that Allum Bokhari who actually 'wrote' the Yiannopoulos piece that sort of broke this stuff to a wider audience via breitbart has appeared as IOI battle of ideas events an has written regularly for spiked. Guess what, he also claim he's worked for Stephen Williams as his election agent and is an oxbridge boy. Whilst still being an active lib-dem member - and still righting far right pieces for breitbart today. Someone could easily spin this is into a lib-dem-alt-right shock piece.

Interesting thread here about Spiked involvement (along with some mad christian group and some tory tobacco lobbyists) in opposing some anti-smacking kids legislation currently going through the scottish parliament (I heard the piece on r4 this evening and thought she sounded sus - good to have your suspicions confirmed)

Saw that pernicious line up of libertarians and churches in NZ when they banned smacking. New coalition partner to the Labour government there wants to overturn the ban.

There's a full article with details of the above here.

quick question - this statement in the article:

Furedi is the leader of the cult/front group behind Spiked and a dozen connected groups collectively known as the LM Network. Posturing as ‘left’ but advocating a range of far-right causes under the banner of libertarianism the group are widely thought to be a black-ops or agent provocateur group with high-level backing.

Is this widely thought?

quick question - this statement in the article:

Furedi is the leader of the cult/front group behind Spiked and a dozen connected groups collectively known as the LM Network. Posturing as ‘left’ but advocating a range of far-right causes under the banner of libertarianism the group are widely thought to be a black-ops or agent provocateur group with high-level backing.

Is this widely thought?

Not sure I'd put it in such a dark kind of way.
"Fools with corporate funding" would be fair enough, though.

Back
Top Bottom