Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

RCP/Spiked/IoI

First Clare Fox now Frank Furedi sure the resurgent SDP (long since taken over by a UKIP splinter aren't an appealing target for and RCP intervention?

Also interesting to see the pivot towards borders from the former sponsors of the let them all in movement

Reactions: tim
One of Fox's earliest political projects:

blogscameurotour.jpg

Hilarious. I've hardly encountered a political grouping more inclined to collective hysteria and 'wide-eyed fervour' than the RCP.

Like calling things cults? Join our cult of calling things cults!

Claire Fox accused me of sexism last night on Twitter because I said she was a member of a Furedi led cult. She also said that Furedi was a great thinker and recommend his books. I then got told off by Heartfield who assured the world that Claire would use the platform to argue for what is "right".

One of the issues I have with Spiked is that whilst often they raise a point that may have a grain of truth to it , or at least a suggestion of one, its submerged into a swamp of bile. Normally written by someone who contributes nothing to any practical alternative activity and never offering a way forward. In their world the term working class is something to be uttered in faux outrage but never engaged or given any agency .

One of the issues I have with Spiked is that whilst often they raise a point that may have a grain of truth to it , or at least a suggestion of one, its submerged into a swamp of bile. Normally written by someone who contributes nothing to any practical alternative activity and never offering a way forward. In their world the term working class is something to be uttered in faux outrage but never engaged or given any agency .

It's because their arguments aren't in good faith.

It's possible it wasn't an accident - if someone said to her, after she'd spoken in support of it, 'It's good that you're voting for it' she would immediately have to vote against it.

decent bit about the 'midnight in the century' period

It's conclusion:
‘Midnight in the century’ was thus an attempt by the RCP to step back from its self-inflicted idiocy and to preserve the sect leadership of Furedi, responsible for dreaming up a silly utopia of the ‘revolutionary nineties’. Never before was the call for ‘Enlightenment’ prefaced by such silly trifles.

One of Fox's earliest political projects:

blogscameurotour.jpg
I was briefly in the Bradford group, hosted at my friend's dad's house....
I'd completely forgotten about that.
I never forgot Adam though :oops:
He was my first ginger crush.

I went trumpeting round Leeds on a demo with them all :D

I was briefly in the Bradford group, hosted at my friend's dad's house....
I'd completely forgotten about that.
I never forgot Adam though :oops:
He was my first ginger crush.

I went trumpeting round Leeds on a demo with them all :D
Remember Erik? Rocking the Columbine trenchcoat look 🤣

I just got so overwhelmed by synchrinistic everything including you, that I've accidentally kicked myself out the meeting and lost the reentry link :D

Fgs :D

Bemused this week by this pre-RCP campaign to erect a monument to the H-block hunger strikers outside Hackney Town Hall:

Here is Claire Fox to remind you of how awful being stuck in a pub with a drunk nostalgic can be.

Fucking hell. I don't think I've seen her talk before. Only ever heard her on R4 (for like 30 seconds or so before I start shouting "fuck off!" and turn the radio off). Does she normally look that scary?

Bemused this week by this pre-RCP campaign to erect a monument to the H-block hunger strikers outside Hackney Town Hall:

That's very random. Next to the war memorial perhaps...?

Fucking hell. I don't think I've seen her talk before. Only ever heard her on R4 (for like 30 seconds or so before I start shouting "fuck off!" and turn the radio off). Does she normally look that scary?
Strangely enough, I also have a 30 second watershed when it comes to listening to her:

Claire Fox passess the Turing Test for a few sentences. When I saw her for the first time on some programme or other she didn't seem to have a swivel eyed appearance and her speech had a reasonably normal cadence. Then thirty seconds in, you think 'I must have heard that wrong', another few sentences and you are still thinking you might be misunderstanding her. Then the awful truth dawns - she's the full trumpet.

Also this:

'A place where you can natter ... you can actually sit round and put the world to rights with mates'.

Distinct impression here that she's repeating something she's learned by rote as the sort of thing people would say in this situation.

Uncanny valley

Back
Top Bottom