Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Queen's state funeral.

I'm loving it.
Look at their faces.
They just don't know what to do with their 30 seconds with the box after queuing for 30 hours.
Riveting TV

For those of us who like watching queues but don't support any monarch in particular, will there be a highlights show?

There was the moment one old geezer who had tried to hold in a fart for 30 hours straight ended up violently following through into his sunday best trousers. The sound reverberated around the room for a full forty seconds. Then His Majesty's Groom of the Royal Mop and the Lord Custodian of the Little Tin Bucket on Wheels filed in to do the best they could with the resulting ordure, while a squadron of Beefeaters gently ushered the old 'un aside so he could be quietly shot and pushed into the Thames.

There was the moment one old geezer who had tried to hold in a fart for 30 hours straight ended up violently following through into his sunday best trousers. The sound reverberated around the room for a full forty seconds. Then His Majesty's Groom of the Royal Mop and the Lord Custodian of the Little Tin Bucket on Wheels filed in to do the best they could with the resulting ordure, while a squadron of Beefeaters gently ushered the old 'un aside so he could be quietly shot and pushed into the Thames.

Clear candidate for "funniest post of 2022" :D

I think I saw somewhere that Putin has declined to come.

Although I'm not sure if he was invited or if he never wanted to come anyway so ner.

ETA: From a quick look at the various news reports he definitely got in his 'I'm not coming' several days ahead of the 'well you're not invited.'
Have kim jong un and winnie the pooh been invited? :hmm:

One thing I really want to know is, once she's buried, does that mean the official mourn is finished? Will everything go back to normal? Straightaway like?

hmm when did the planning and pr campaign about getting more people into london
and trying to make it like the queue was well managed start

Back
Top Bottom