Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Queen's state funeral.

I notice that the BBC refer to “the coffin of Queen Elizabeth” so raising the question, is she actually in it? Perhaps they don’t want to risk an unfortunate helicopter accident and accidental cremation so they’ve squirrelled her body away somewhere until the funeral 🤔

Having avoided the Charles / Diana wedding and subsequent funeral on TV by hiding in the hills I'll be off up Dartmoor with my tent on Sunday evening also wish to avoid the 8pm clap or whatever confrontation with neighbours.
Weather forecast ( for camping on Dartmoor =good) . I don't care if it rains in London.
Nor do i

Whatever you do, don't block out staff diaries with DEAD QUEEN as there will be complaints 🤷
Update:

Turns out DEAD QUEEN on its own is not a disciplinary matter, regardless of the number of members of staff who were so Outraged And Appalled that they made complaints, because factual, functional & economical - it may, however, be wise to rethink the precise choice of words should a similar situation arise in the future :thumbs:

Saw the news last night and they expect the queue to stretch from Tower Bridge, all along the south bank and over Westminster bridge.

Fuck that.
They are streaming how long the queue is and where to join it on YouTube. It's at 2.6 miles long at the time of posting and apparently the max length they will allow is 10 miles :eek:

Those that joined at 8AM got in at 5PM. I don't know how anyone could queue for that long? Let alone how long the wait would be if it's 10 miles long?

Last edited:
Just watching the Imperial Death March due to can’t be arsed to change channel.

Main thoughts:

i) Is it compulsory to always have two horses that are absolute twats?

ii) This really looks like something from another century. Another reality, even.

iii) Thought I heard a gun go off earlier

iv) Makes me want to boot up Dishonored

Just watching the Imperial Death March due to can’t be arsed to change channel.

Main thoughts:

i) Is it compulsory to always have two horses that are absolute twats?

ii) This really looks like something from another century. Another reality, even.

iii) Thought I heard a gun go off earlier

iv) Makes me want to boot up Dishonored

That’s the King and Queen Consort bud.

think they said on the radio that they would be firing artillery guns every minute during the march (presume they are firing blanks rather than having shells landing in random suburbs)

That really does just sound like the French are invading unless you already know that.

There's some surprise
They are streaming how long the queue is and where to join it on YouTube. It's at 2.6 miles long at the time of posting and apparently the max length they will allow is 10 miles :eek:

Those that joined at 8AM got in at 5PM. I don't know how anyone could queue for that long?

Bet there are streams by the queue that weren't there this morning

Will it be the most watched TV event in history? Quite possibly.

I find this surprising, but according to wikipedia the announcement of the death last Friday had the most UK viewers (33 million) of any TV programme ever.

In second place was England's victory over West Germany in the 1966 World Cup, with 32.3 million.

Back
Top Bottom