Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Queen's state funeral.

Why? Genuinely curious as to what people are getting from this.
why not, doesn't happen often, I finished work at 4, went down with a friend, thought if the queue looked ridiculously long we would have a pint by the river, if not then would have a look. queue moved really fast to begin with and then slowed down massively.

Just had afternoon nap. Had a dream that I had a question about the running order of the funeral because my parents are visiting and may want to watch it.

So I sent a text to the Queen to check and she responded. Dumbass subconscious. :facepalm:

Why not Putin? We should be able to come together and overcome our differences during times like this. :(

I think I saw somewhere that Putin has declined to come.

Although I'm not sure if he was invited or if he never wanted to come anyway so ner.

ETA: From a quick look at the various news reports he definitely got in his 'I'm not coming' several days ahead of the 'well you're not invited.'

Just had afternoon nap. Had a dream that I had a question about the running order of the funeral because my parents are visiting and may want to watch it.

So I sent a text to the Queen to check and she responded. Dumbass subconscious. :facepalm:

What did she say?

4.2 miles and approx 9 hour wait now... all the way to Bermondsey Beach (?!). I am sure more loonies are now joining it because it's become such a ridiculous 'event'.

I think I saw somewhere that Putin has declined to come.

Although I'm not sure if he was invited or if he never wanted to come anyway so ner.

ETA: From a quick look at the various news reports he definitely got in his 'I'm not coming' several days ahead of the 'well you're not invited.'
Shame. I'm sure the buffet back at the Cons Club or wherever will be pretty good.

I'm curious what happens at the front of the queue. How long do people get with the box? If they linger more than their allotted ten seconds or whatever are they dragged off by armed goons?

Ideally as you enter the room they change some of the guards (which happens every 20 minutes) so you get to gawp for a couple of extra minutes before the sombre walkpast continues.

Back
Top Bottom