Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Queen's state funeral.

We do like to play in the dress up box when it comes to big events. Some fantastic 17th century finery on display

Update:

Turns out DEAD QUEEN on its own is not a disciplinary matter, regardless of the number of members of staff who were so Outraged And Appalled that they made complaints, because factual, functional & economical - it may, however, be wise to rethink the precise choice of words should a similar situation arise in the future :thumbs:
Did people really complain? :eek: Christ.

I find this surprising, but according to wikipedia the announcement of the death last Friday had the most UK viewers (33 million) of any TV programme ever.

In second place was England's victory over West Germany in the 1966 World Cup, with 32.3 million.

That is crazy but obviously that much easier to watch now. Looks like the funeral will smash the UK record then.

My niece has just given me a major bollocking for not being more respectful of the queen. She's also told me that, because her mother is staying with us, we WILL watch the funeral and to not do so os to show disrespect.

Fuck it. They can watch it. I'm going fishing.
You should point out to your niece it is your HOME and you are paying for the power to watch the damn tv and she is being disrespectful to you, no-one would be telling me what I do and don't watch in my own home!

I find this surprising, but according to wikipedia the announcement of the death last Friday had the most UK viewers (33 million) of any TV programme ever.

In second place was England's victory over West Germany in the 1966 World Cup, with 32.3 million.
That isn't one programme, but several according to the table you link to:
BBC One/ITV/Channel 4/Channel 5/Sky News/BBC News/S4C

Whenever I check the live feed video they are changing the guard.

They aren't exactly pushing people through.

Queue can't be moving very fast at the moment.

They are changing the guard again now. It must be tiring standing still but still ..

I don't see the 4 police changing over though.

You should point out to your niece it is your HOME and you are paying for the power to watch the damn tv and she is being disrespectful to you, no-one would be telling me what I do and don't watch in my own home!
I did. We agreed that I’d go fishing and they could do as they pleased.

That isn't one programme, but several according to the table you link to:

"Harold, darling, the Queen might be dead!?"
"Quick, Daphne, my love, put Channel 5 on - we must know for sure!"

Even if you read the Express and/or hate the BBC, DF? :confused:

They are streaming how long the queue is and where to join it on YouTube. It's at 2.6 miles long at the time of posting and apparently the max length they will allow is 10 miles :eek:

Those that joined at 8AM got in at 5PM. I don't know how anyone could queue for that long? Let alone how long the wait would be if it's 10 miles long?

i joined at 5, got in at 10.30

• Wow
Reactions: Ax^
is it to get on the telly kinda thing :hmm:

doing a Wotton as one might say I'm perplexed

it like going to a really shitty festival where you queue for hours to get and no bands
plays

The writer Matthew Sweet went through last night - presume we can expect a full article in the next day or so, but he describes the experience from this point in this thread:

Back
Top Bottom