Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Queen's state funeral.

At least it wasn't like some American fundamentalist funerals I've been too. You can count on 45 minutes of "turn or burn" philosophy when they get a captive audience.

How heavy could that coffin have been really, the Queen couldn’t have been more than eight stone?

If the wife wasn't hogging the computer today I'd be paying a lot less attention to various sites mind.

This is going to be like the 2012 ceremony again, I'm never going to watch the fucking thing but I'll know exactly what happens cos it gets trotted out every five minutes as an example of how we all rally around and really Britain is ok at heart.

When does the mourning bit start? I thought today was the last day (it was about 10 days ago that she died, wasn’t it)?
End of day today is the end of the 10 days of national mourning, members of the royal family, as well as royal household staff and representatives, will remain in mourning until September 26, seven days after the funeral.

Oh god, see the thing is I know I am paying for this ridiculous spectacle - either directly or indirectly.
And one thing that urbanites might have realised about me is that I do like to get my money's worth.

I am also hoping that the coffin slips off the thingy, or one of the horses starts playing up. I think the latter is probably more likely, even the most well trained and sedate horses can be unpredictable.

Fingers crossed, eh :D

Considering that Britain is a tiny, insignificant country in the scheme of things, all this pomp and ceremony is crazy. Other countries must think we're totally bonkers.
Whatever the people may think, all the leaders are the enjoying the Mother of all Jollies. Even the vice-president of Cuba and the Palestinian Prime Minister have turned up.

Working up an appetite for the Inhumation chicken that Gordon Ramsey has prepared for the funeral buffet.

Oh god, see the thing is I know I am paying for this ridiculous spectacle - either directly or indirectly.
And one thing that urbanites might have realised about me is that I do like to get my money's worth.

I am also hoping that the coffin slips off the thingy, or one of the horses starts playing up. I think the latter is probably more likely, even the most well trained and sedate horses can be unpredictable.

Fingers crossed, eh :D
Shame that that they never fired her from the regal catapult in which she spent the past few days mouldering.

Henry VIII exploded in the middle of his state funeral. Sadly, embalming techniques have improved since then

Back
Top Bottom