Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Queen's state funeral.

Seriously, they don't. They came recruiting to our school last year and banged on continuously about the amount of free time and how you could basically get paid for playing rugby if you were good enough.

“It’s all just windsurfing in Cyprus “…

There appears to have been a run on clotted cream in Preston, where a friend had to visit seven supermarkets before he found and secured a small pot of Rodda's. Did everyone sit down with a cream tea to watch the funeral or something?

My money's on a stampede at any moment. The horses has had enough shitting underfoot now and need a galloping

There's certainly some beautiful country there.

You do wonder how much all that is costing, though.

This reminds me of the time I picked up a couple of hitchhikers at the Cherry Blossom Roundabout, the trad place for anyone hitching West to wait (Olds will know where this is….. ) The funeral procession went out on the Westway, past the Fuller’s London Pride brewery (which, until fairly recently, still delivered their beer by dray horse and wagon) and through this roundabout. Anyway, I picked up this couple of lads who had travelled across Europe with their skateboards and backpacks aiming for the Glastonbury Festival, which was where I was going too. They were knackered and very relieved to get a lift all the way. I assumed they’d sleep and kept checking on them but they spent the whole journey gazing out the windows. Eventually one of them said “Your country is so beautiful, so green.“ It kinda opened my eyes to that. I mean, I knew I found it beautiful but the tone of envious awe in his voice made me look at it a-fresh. Also, it wasn’t especially green cos it was mid-June and the harvest was already underway, the weather had been hot and to my British eye it all looked a bit baked. I guess the trees were all in their summer green though. And his words gave me a tiny glimpse of his own homeland, dry and sere and yellow under the flat summer skies.

I don’t think there’s an official figure for the Queen’s funeral yet but it will definitely be more than her mum’s funeral, which cost about 5.5 million. I suppose the military don’t get extra for marching about today? Surely it comes under the heading of their duties and responsibilities? They’ve been planning and practicing for decades, so it’s said. But the cost of extra policing security and marshalling for ThE QuEuE and the flowers in Green Park etc. will be vast.

By the way, did anyone else see Charles 3 smirking at one point as he walked behind the coffin? And I bet he fucking loves signing his name with the R after it at long last. But now he has to stand and listen to the worst national anthem in the world for the rest of his life, and even Camilla has to sing it while standing beside him. Also I was wondering if he was making plans for his own funeral as he stood about today. “Bring me the Duke of Norfolk! I want to arrange my funeral!”

Last edited:
They’re doing it again. The blokes in the bearskins carrying their guns with one arm tucked behind their back and holding the barrel there.

Reverse arms and the related rest on arms reversed are military drill commands used as a mark of respect at funerals and on occasions of mourning, especially in the armed forces of Commonwealth nations. When marching in reverse arms the soldier's weapon is held pointing behind them and grasped behind their back. When resting on reversed arms the weapon points towards the ground and the eyes are lowered.

Back
Top Bottom