Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Queen's state funeral.

Yes I think it must have been.

I‘m, like, reverse-interested in this military stuff so I’ve never seen or heard of an of this stuff
It was far more interesting than I thought it'd be. I had no intention of watching the procession but I got caught up in the spectacle and bits of info.

I liked the wreath info especially the Myrtle.

When they took her to Westminster hall via horse-drawn gun carriage the other day the horses doing that job spent the whole time looking unhappy. It was the main thing I noticed during that event.

I guess a lot of their training is about how to tolerate guns and drums and also standing about for hours and hours and hours.
(which I guess is pretty much the job description for a cavalry horse tbh)

Walking slowly for a long time must be quite tricky for a four legged animal that evolved to run like the wind.

I guess a lot of their training is about how to tolerate guns and drums and also standing about for hours and hours and hours.

Walking slowly for a long time must be quite tricky for a four legged animal that evolved to run like the wind.

I have friends who used to train parade horses. I know it sounds cruel, but they'd light fireworks near them to get them used to sudden noises.

jeeez….

my autocorrect….

Training. Not grimacing, training.
although…

And this is why so many of my posts get edited afterwards. It’s cos of my mad autocorrect.
I was perfectly prepared to accept it as accurate horse-training jargon :D

They’re doing it again. The blokes in the bearskins carrying their guns with one arm tucked behind their back and holding the barrel there.

He's carrying them for the pallbeareres, right? Kinda like the one in your group who doesn't like rollercoasters so will happily wait by the ride exit with all the bags/coats :thumbs:

Some army horses get spikes put round their necks to stop them resting their necks 😢

Was there anything interesting about the internment worth watching?

The Garter Principal King of Arms (the guy who proclaimed Charles with the hip hips) did a good reading over the descending coffin, he should have been an actor in period dramas, although I guess he basically is.

The Garter Principal King of Arms (the guy who proclaimed Charles with the hip hips) did a good reading over the descending coffin, he should have been an actor in period dramas, although I guess he basically is.
I might have a wee look on catch up, not too long is it?

Back
Top Bottom