Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pro Cycling 2022

I have a friend who lives on the old route in Surrey who was very pleased about the change of route this year.
"The ride got halted due to a incident at Stebbing Green near the A120.
Event organisers also had to clear a number of tacks that were put on the route at Ongar.
RideLondon said the ride was halted for about 30 minutes after the incident involving a rider who required medical treatment at mile 49.
A spokeswoman said a medical team and an air ambulance attended and the rider was taken to hospital by road." :mad:

A horde of entitled pedaling pricks have fucked up East London today. I don't know if they're professional, but had the Authorities forewarned me, I would have stocked up on glue and drawing pins to sprinkle liberally across all those highways reserved for the Elite
It was a lovely ride thanks. Millions raised for charity and a very inclusive event.

It was a lovely ride thanks. Millions raised for charity and a very inclusive event.

I'm not s big fun of virtue signalling charity blackmailers either. You do something you enjoy and then guilt trip others into giving money to a cause they may not have any particular affinity for.

Just having a look at the odds, and all the bookies have Pogacar as odds-on to win it. Roglic and Vingegaard are next, by quite a long way, ahead of Martinez and Carapaz.

Just having a look at the odds, and all the bookies have Pogacar as odds-on to win it. Roglic and Vingegaard are next, by quite a long way, ahead of Martinez and Carapaz.

I thought it was Martinez and Yates who co-leaders with Thomas protected, not that it'll affect the outcome that much.

When is Evenepoel going to do a GT? He's been hyped to oblivion for a few years now, but for the Freeview watcher like me, who sees highlights of the GTs and the occasional week-long stage race there's no sign of him. He's a similar age to Bernal and Pogacar when they first won the TdF.

When is Evenepoel going to do a GT? He's been hyped to oblivion for a few years now, but for the Freeview watcher like me, who sees highlights of the GTs and the occasional week-long stage race there's no sign of him. He's a similar age to Bernal and Pogacar when they first won the TdF.

This year's Vuelta as it's the route suits him more than the other two plus he likes riding in Spain having won Classic san Sebastian and Tour of Burgos. It's a stacked field though with most of the guys from the Giro plus Pog and Rog are supposedly going to do it.
He looked to be favourite for the 2020 Giro having won every stage race he entered that year but crashed out at Lombardia a few weeks beforehand and was really banged up. Stupidly, Quickstep rushed him back for the 2021 Giro but he just wasn't ready and had to DNF.
He's currently riding Tour De Suisse but doubt that is on Freeview.
If you can, try and find his epic win at this year's Liege-Bastoigne-Liege on Youtube.

Thinks, the final day of tour De Suisse is in its entirety in Lichtenstein today. I can't ever recall a tour finishing outside of it's home country before, yet alone the entire final stage being outside it's home country. Has this happened before?

I hate this part of the season. Nothing much at all going on apart from the Tour De France for the next 5-6 weeks.

Loving all the posts expressing congratulations for G winning In Switzerland?Liechtenstein.

We also forgot to congratulate Mauro Schmidt for winning his first Tour (of Belgium), Pogacar for the Tour of Slovenia, Mike Woods for the Route d'Occitanie and Lucinda Brande for the women's Tour de Suisse. Big weekend of Tour prep races.

Last edited:
I'm not s big fun of virtue signalling charity blackmailers either. You do something you enjoy and then guilt trip others into giving money to a cause they may not have any particular affinity for.
I was away when this was posted with your grammar & spelling issues. Are you staying that charities should abandon any kind of event that engages with sponsorship?
I'm not sure where the blackmail comes in? you don't have to give, there are plenty of charities I wouldn't necessarily donate too for example.

Back on theme here is Fred Wright doing our favourite South London climbs from Herne Hill velodrome. He's had a great tour.

:cool:

Last edited:
I was away when this was posted with your grammar & spelling issues. Are you staying that charities should abandon any kind of event that engages with sponsorship?
I'm not sure where the blackmail comes in? you don't have to give, there are plenty of charities I wouldn't necessarily donate too for example.

Back on theme here is Fred Wright doing our favourite South London climbs from Herne Hill velodrome. He's had a great tour.

:cool:

I'm saying that I find it irksome when friends, relatives, and colleagues expect me to give them money to donate to a charity I feel indifferent about, just because they've run or cycled somewhere.

Anyway, whilst I may type with fat fingers, I would be ashamed to wear clothes that promote the dictatorial sectarian statelet of Bahrain. Is Fred Wright aware of what a bunch of murderous shits the ruling family are? If he isn't, would you mind telling him when you see him?

And the Urban75 thread on Bahraini Royal shittery.

Bahrain protests

Last edited:
Anyway, whilst I may type with fat fingers, I would be ashamed to wear clothes that promote the dictatorial sectarian statelet of Bahrain. Is Fred Wright aware of what a bunch of murderous shits the ruling family are? If he isn't, would you mind telling him when you see him?

And the Urban75 thread on Bahraini Royal shittery.

Bahrain protests
Yeah and tell him not to ride the Tour de France as that's another sportswash for a shitty neo-colonialist country.

Yeah and tell him not to ride the Tour de France as that's another sportswash for a shitty neo-colonialist country.

The difference is that by wearing a Bahrain logoed T-Shirt he's taking money from a shitty regime that wishes to sports-wash it's vile human rights record. The Tour de France is a long established event whose primary purpose is not to promote Macron.

The Qatar World Cup is a much better example of exploiters using sport to improve their reputation.

The difference is that by wearing a Bahrain logoed T-Shirt he's taking money from a shitty regime that wishes to sports-wash it's vile human rights record. The Tour de France is a long established event whose primary purpose is not to promote Macron.

The Qatar World Cup is a much better example of exploiters using sport to improve their reputation.
France has always yearned for big sporting events (Roland Garros, Prix L'Arc de Triomphe, Le Mans) to make itself look good on the global stage all at the time when it was shafting African and other countries around the world. Indeed most big nations try to use sport/nationalist pride to hide the shit they do.

Reactions: tim
Back
Top Bottom