Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pro Cycling 2022

I haven't quite caught up with today yet but gather that Nibali was found lacking. I imagine he is there to support rather than lead and it gives him a swansong to say goodbye. Felt sorry for him today and wonder if he will carry on and/or wonder if he will manage to finish. 😟

His team leader, Lopez, abandoned yesterday so I'd probably expect Nibali to lose more time on purpose and then try for a stage win. Seems a better plan than going for top ten in GC.

Before I left for work GCN were all over Nibali and his palmares. I guess it's not surprising as they went to Messina today and this could be his last Giro.
Where will his win come? Hilly stage (probably not), lone break (maybe) certainly not a bunch sprint.

33km/h for the first hour on todays stage :D

Dowsett averaged just 155W for 5 hours.

For once I can genuinely say I could have ridden on a GT stage with the pro peloton :D

Hell of a close finish :eek:

Last edited:
Meanwhile in Tour de Hongrie, two in a row for Fabio Jakobsen. Neither were that convincing though compared to how he was at the start of the season.

The last 10km of todays stage was amazing, attacks flying every few seconds. Historic win, but if he doesn't start tomorrow it will be tragic...

It's great for the sport that an Eritrean wins but man is he one hell of a follower (I hesitate to use the word wheelsucker as that denigrates the ability to do something which most mere mortals couldn't even try). I first heard of him in juniors when he latched onto Remco for 40kms, didn't take a turn and then hammered him in the sprint. Maybe when he gets a bit older he will start attacks.
Having said that, I do hope he goes to the Tour and trolls van Aert, whose another way too defensive rider. Meanwhile all hail the likes of MvdP, Pogacar, Ala and Remco - riders that like to attack. Oh and Victor Campaernarts too.

To ride 200k in a go would probably have been beyond me, yet alone race it. But a win is a win and above all else it's a clean win.

Back
Top Bottom