Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pro Cycling 2022

Van Vleuten just had a nasty crash in the mixed relay, looks like something slipped on her bike, her bike looked a right mess afterwards, shows how brittle these TT carbon bikes are.
Dutch women have won more than enough anyway! That was a nice Swiss team that won.
Also glad that despite the valiant attempts of thei Italian women, that Ganna didn’t get a gold. His season has unravelled. He’s basically paid to be a full time TT-er while his rivals have bigger jobs to do during the season. The big question is will he even manage to take the hour record away from one of Ineos’ back room staff?

So, the worlds. Looking at the course it could be one of over a dozen riders in with a shout…

I've a feeling it'll be a very small selection sprinting it out. I can't see one of Pog, Wva, MvdP or Remco managing to get away because the others will chase them down.
I'm going with a French win again - that team is stacked with Ala, Cosnefroy, Laporte and Madouas.

Still can’t quite believe that women’s result. What an incredible ride. Jaw dropping.

Dammit. Late night at work last night so missed it all. Haven't time to watch the entire race so would last 10km suffice on playback?
Pissed off as I had Ludwig to win and from accounts I've read she blew it.
Caught the end of the Women's Junior race - that sprint for second was fantastic.
Doubt I'm going to see any of the Men's race :(

Dammit. Late night at work last night so missed it all. Haven't time to watch the entire race so would last 10km suffice on playback?
Pissed off as I had Ludwig to win and from accounts I've read she blew it.
Caught the end of the Women's Junior race - that sprint for second was fantastic.
Doubt I'm going to see any of the Men's race :(
Last lap is what you want.

Still can’t quite believe that women’s result. What an incredible ride. Jaw dropping.

Thank you thank you thank you...Your words were enough to make me engage full mililtant spoiler-avoidance-mode and I was able to watch it with no further pre-conceptions...Incredible finish! :thumbs: :eek::cool:

(Is 'chapeau' appropriate for the women race?)

I’ll spoiler this just in case, but man, I could watch this a dozen times.

I watched the last few clicks a couple of times now and both times I thought "you mugs". AVV gave them the punishment they deserved so chapeau to her but I'd love to have seen a different nationality win. Like Cuba.

But enough of the grumpiness, try and watch the last 5 kilos of the Junior Women. I was watching to on the night bus and shouted "come on wee girl" which must have sounded well dodgy.

Also I wonder how Zoe Backstedt will fare in the elites next year? I'm sure she'll win some races but will also do lots of cross and track.

Hugely impressive, but… a bit boring maybe? And why the fuck did they let him go in that front group? Was obvious what he’d do from there.

Hell yeah!

LBL
Vuelta
Worlds RR

Only downside was I had him and Matthews 1 and 2 at 66/1.
Got £50 for the win so £30 overall profit and my favourite rider wins :)

Hell yeah!

LBL
Vuelta
Worlds RR

Only downside was I had him and Matthews 1 and 2 at 66/1.
Got £50 for the win so £30 overall profit and my favourite rider wins :)
Favourite rider he may be, but you have to admit it wasn’t the most exciting of races. The moment they let him get in that lead group the race was over.

Favourite rider he may be, but you have to admit it wasn’t the most exciting of races. The moment they let him get in that lead group the race was over.
Yeah that moment was exciting!
Not as spectacular as at LBL but you got to start getting used to seeing races won by Remco at the 30km point.

Dull race (that I got up early for :rolleyes:) but I like it when the stripes go to The Best Cyclist In The World, so happy Remco will wear them :cool:

Yeah and it's pity he's not doing Lombardia but that's understandable as he must be shattered after the Vuelta and then travelling to Australia.
Can't wait to see what his race programme is next year. As long as he prioritises LBL, the Worlds and Lombardia I don't really care which GT he enters.

ETA His last race this season is The Memorial Frank Vandenbrouke (Binche-Chimay-Binche) which will also be Philipe Gilbert's last race.

Last edited:
Doubt he'll be eager to return to Oz in a hurry, probably barred from entering. Complete waste of a journey half way round the world for nothing.
bit of soap plotline wasn't it?

The Daily Mail weigh in

ETA - The comments are so Daily Mail.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom