Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pro Cycling 2022

2/2 for Sam Bennett :cool:
Please use the Vuelta thread for this. I haven't seen today's stage yet.

I did watch the women's Euros though, which was a little dull due to the Dutch shutting things down. Their sprinter won, but it was a better than expected competition in the sprint.

Please use the Vuelta thread for this. I haven't seen today's stage yet.

I did watch the women's Euros though, which was a little dull due to the Dutch shutting things down. Their sprinter won, but it was a better than expected competition in the sprint.

Lorena Weibes is so fast. I think she has 17 wins this season.

The Tour of Britain seems to have come around again and starts Monday. Pretty underwhelming startlist with Teuns, Woods and Pidcock the top ranked riders in the race.
At least it'll be a chance to see how some young British riders get on.

The Tour of Britain seems to have come around again and starts Monday. Pretty underwhelming startlist with Teuns, Woods and Pidcock the top ranked riders in the race.
At least it'll be a chance to see how some young British riders get on.
Yep very underwhelming. Particularly pissed off that there’s no Cav as they didn’t even send a team. Prob would have been his last chance to ride and say farewell to British cycling fans.

Yep very underwhelming. Particularly pissed off that there’s no Cav as they didn’t even send a team. Prob would have been his last chance to ride and say farewell to British cycling fans.
Yeah last year had a stacked line-up. the world championships this year are in Australia so I guess it's too close to be treated as a warm-up race again unlike last year when Van Aert won four stages and the guy he beat in most of them needed up as World Champ again :)

Absolute brainfart tactics from Alexander Richardson today. Probably would not have won it anyway but it almost looked like he was trying to get the peloton to catch them.

The World Championships will be on at inconvenient times. I think the men's ITT finishes at 8am UK time on Sunday.
Going to be close between Ganna whose done nothing but train for this since the TdF and Remco who has the Vuelta in his legs and some jet lag.

The World Championships will be on at inconvenient times. I think the men's ITT finishes at 8am UK time on Sunday.
Going to be close between Ganna whose done nothing but train for this since the TdF and Remco who has the Vuelta in his legs and some jet lag.
what about rohan Dennis? home soil may lift him even though not done much all season.

If my brother was a pro cyclist I think i would know when the world champs were on and stay well clear.
Another notable absentee is Mads Pedersen who would have been one of the top favourites for the road race. He elected for family time rather than flying halfway across the world after a busy Vuelta.
Then there a few other absentees such as Pidcock citing fatigue syndrome.

not at all. gutted for ethan Haytor. he looked like he was running well.

I had him each way at 12/1 so yeah double gutted and I had Remco for the win.

Is this the end for Ganna's cosy existence as a full time TT rider? All the other guys have proper day jobs and he comes in 7th after all that prep.

I had him each way at 12/1 so yeah double gutted and I had Remco for the win.

Is this the end for Ganna's cosy existence as a full time TT rider? All the other guys have proper day jobs and he comes in 7th after all that prep.
Maybe he’ll have a proper crack at being a classics rider. Roubaix would seem to be the obvious first target.

Maybe he’ll have a proper crack at being a classics rider. Roubaix would seem to be the obvious first target.

Not sure he has the skills, bravery or experience for that. Very different mindset from the relatively tranquil world of TT-ing.
Ben Turner looks a better bet for Ineos on the cobbles. Maybe even Magnus Sheffield.

I'm just relieved that the 'It's Ganna happen" meme has disappeared this year. So cringey and so overused.

Van Vleuten just had a nasty crash in the mixed relay, looks like something slipped on her bike, her bike looked a right mess afterwards, shows how brittle these TT carbon bikes are.

Back
Top Bottom