Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Prince Harry

What I don't understand about it all, is that he easily would have had enough money to invest before he stepped on a plane out of the UK. He was setup for life. He doesn't need $150mil to send his kids to uni. It's one thing to have ambition, he could have gotten everything he wanted with some patience, but it's another to do what he did.

In the book he says he costed security at £6 million per year.
So that's what he is paying per year now to keep himself and his family safe.
I guess he can't just live a quiet life in a two up two down house..
Unless they both get into a sort of protection scheme and have surgery to change their appearance. They cant just disappear into anonymity like a regular normal couple could.

What I don't understand about it all, is that he easily would have had enough money to invest before he stepped on a plane out of the UK. He was setup for life. He doesn't need $150mil to send his kids to uni. It's one thing to have ambition, he could have gotten everything he wanted with some patience, but it's another to do what he did.
He was expected to do Royal Duties and have his life stage managed which clearly didn’t suit.

On Columbo...
I watch it on USA5 . Its on every Sunday...usually 6 episodes.

Recently I tried finding full episodes on youtube. Only one account seemed to have full episodes but they were part of a paying subscription.
Anyone know where I could get the full series for free ?

Prime does it free with ads, not ideal but something

Did this ever get mentioned in the book? :mad:

Those hen harriers can be pretty vicious though.

Harry was probably just doing it to protect his family. :thumbs:

He has loads of marketable skills, ranging from those he gained in the army eg managing people, working in a team, able to work individually, working on repetitive tasks and so on - all the things you'll see on pretty much any person spec
He can fly a helicopter! But why bother when he can get £100M for a book he didn’t write.

Maybe Harry and Wills could have some sort of chopper off (like a dance off but more expensive and manly) to show their dominance?

Pilot according to him.

Not convinced he could fly a helicopter without a grown up. Let alone operate an Apache. Flying isn’t the hard bit. Even, the hover, which I haven’t done, is equated by people who have to balancing a snooker cue on your finger, but the arithmetic and stuff required to even fly visual let alone IMC seem a bit of a stretch for someone who came away from Eaton with a GCSE in table tennis.

Besides, I think the book says he flew five missions in Afghanistan. The Army wouldn’t have paid £3m for his training and then only used him five times. I bet he soloed a fixed wing trainer a few times then sat in the front seat of Apache with an experienced pilot behind who flew, did the nav and set up the attacks.

Not convinced he could fly a helicopter without a grown up. Let alone operate an Apache. Flying isn’t the hard bit. Even, the hover, which I haven’t done, is equated by people who have to balancing a snooker cue on your finger, but the arithmetic and stuff required to even fly visual let alone IMC seem a bit of a stretch for someone who came away from Eaton with a GCSE in table tennis.

Besides, I think the book says he flew five missions in Afghanistan. The Army wouldn’t have paid £3m for his training and then only used him five times. I bet he soloed a fixed wing trainer a few times then sat in the front seat of Apache with an experienced pilot behind who flew, did the nav and set up the attacks.
Being a Royal opens doors. Both Andrew and William were helicopter pilots neither of which strike me as particularly bright especially the former. Modern helicopters have whizz bang gizmos that assist with the trickier aspects although true you need to be proficient without them.

I guess Harry knew he was just a Spare, get it.

Now the family are cashing in, a second book is being plan, prox title is;

'My Life out of the Tool Shed: Family and Diana',

He and his wife will be in and out news whatever or whenever something big needs covering up or deminish

Back
Top Bottom