Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Prince Harry

The next coronation could be sold to tourists as a quaint 'old tradition' rather than an event requiring armed support and spending billions of pounds lol.

'Ah yeah we got rid of the monarchy but there's this eccentric guy called George who says he's King for some reason'

So as King or Queen you're allowed to be married to a Catholic but not actually be a Catholic. This is due to the 'defender of the faith' thing I guess?

Might make it a bit tricky to be head of the Church of England.

that.

What about other religions or even other churches like Baptists etc?

i think the anti-catholic laws were written quite some time ago, so other varieties of religion probably wouldn't have been a serious possibility, but the fear of / prejudice against catholics was a thing for some time

(there were restrictions on anyone not C of E going to oxford / cambridge universities in england until the 1870s)

I'm not going too deep on the law. But Act of Settlement 1701 stipulates must be protestant. I suppose this is to avoid a succession crisis where C of E allegiance only would exclude allied Europeans.

I'm not going too deep on the law. But Act of Settlement 1701 stipulates must be protestant. I suppose this is to avoid a succession crisis where C of E allegiance only would exclude allied Europeans.

Also they can't let the Pope get his Def Fid back.

Reactions: Cid
Good to see that Columbo has come up. I am currently a bit obsessed with Columbo. Who doesn’t at any point in his 35 years of sleuthing have a first name that’s mentioned. Which just goes to show, sosomething.

Another Colombo obsessor here.
I love him.

I occasionally got it when married. It didn’t really bother me, he had a nice name. Now, I wouldn’t change my name at all, even if I did remarry (I won’t), and thankfully it seems to be rapidly going out of fashion.
so do you go by your own surname or your ex husbands name?

There's enough for another book! Prince Harry says he cut his memoir in HALF and stripped out details about his father and brother – as he claims he has 'long-term' aim to 'fix' the monarchy, insisting 'it's about trying to save them from themselves'​

• Prince Harry has revealed he has enough material to publish a second memoir
  • He eventually cut almost half of the material he'd written in a first draft
  • There are details of his relationship with family he doesn't want world to know

Towards the end of the book he starts on the courtiers whom he claims have all the clout. He describes three of them in no uncertajn terms. Pretty nasty by the sound of it. They sound just like the Curia in the Vatican. Pulling the strings making their puppets dance.

He says he phoned his grandmother asking to meet with her. She said she was free all week and invited hin to stay.
Nexr thing he gets a call that she is fully booked for that week. He suggests this was orchestrated by these courtiers.

He claims he had meetings with senior courtiers. He calls them the Bee the Fly and the Wasp. He gave his list of complaints re leaks and false stories to the Bee who empathised and said he would look into it and then did nothing.

When the senior royals held a meeting with him alongside the Bee, he claims the Bee said he didnt have Harry's materials because the printer just broke prior to the meeting. He says that after the meeting he went to find the Bees office. When he got there he saw a huge printer chugging out stuff. He asked the secretary about the printer. Apparently the secretary said the printer never broke down "an old workhorse of a thinv". He asked if there was a printer jnside the Bees office and was told there was. Was it working? Yes..
What's becoming clear is that there are background people working within the monarchy machine whose lives are spent manipulating situations in order to keep things on an even keel or distract from other less favourable press. They appear to control everyone ...even the queen.

It's simikar to a civil service only its these coutiers and staff telling the monarch what she can or cant do.

He describes how some negative story is leaked to the press about William & Kate and how they deal with it...how William tells him how upsetting it is and ultimately how wrong it is and agrees finally with Harry that enough is enough.

No wonder Harry hates these puppeteers. Thing is all the rest of the royals knew and accepted this control. Harry & Meghan didnt. One way or the other they would end up out of the royal family.

He has said the book was double the size but was edited down to half. So he has plenty more to tell.

Last edited:
I do think he might be slightly past the point of his father and brother 'not forgiving' him for any further revelations :D

jesus he's messed up isnt he?
He's either very brave or very foolish.
I'm inclined to think brave but who knows what the outcome will be for him personally. I do have a horrible feeling that I dont want to put words on.

The more I read this stuff [on Lady Amelia] the more head-choppy I feel.

I'm sorry but this comes across as just raw jealousy. It's one trait of the left that I find unattractive, obsessing over things that other people have that you don't :(. I know you've coveted this award for many years and you've taken against her just because she got it and you didn't:

Last edited:
I think in German you still get 'Frau Doktor blah' as the way of addressing a woman who happened to marry a dr, which is even weirder. Maybe its stopped now idk.

No, absolutely not. Women do not get to use the term Doktor in Germany just because their husband has a doctorate. Frau Doktor Schmidt or whatever is just the way to refer to someone with a doctorate who is female. And men are referred to as Herr Doktor too, so it's not only women that get their gender added.

The use of titles has decreased somewhat in Germany, but is still far more common than in the UK. At university, especially, where quite often we'd just use their first name a lot of the time, they'd still say Herr/Frau Doktor Schmidt.

I actually feel somewhat offended on behalf of all the German women with PhDs that you've been assuming were riding on their husbands' coat-tails :D

He's either very brave or very foolish.
I'm inclined to think brave but who knows what the outcome will be for him personally. I do have a horrible feeling that I dont want to put words on.

I loathe all the protagonists in this sorry saga though, all of them, on each side.. Harold is far from 'brave'.. He's got free license to make whatever claims he wants against his former family. It's brilliant. Yes, I know the palace will be briefing papers which is the only way they can respond.

No idea what the outcome will be for him personally. I doubt his wounded soldier games charity will want anything to do with him after the Taliban claims. His family will obvs shun him. He has no discernible talents. And he's only got one more book in him.

No, absolutely not. Women do not get to use the term Doktor in Germany just because their husband has a doctorate. Frau Doktor Schmidt or whatever is just the way to refer to someone with a doctorate who is female. And men are referred to as Herr Doktor too, so it's not only women that get their gender added.

The use of titles has decreased somewhat in Germany, but is still far more common than in the UK. At university, especially, where quite often we'd just use their first name a lot of the time, they'd still say Herr/Frau Doktor Schmidt.

I actually feel somewhat offended on behalf of all the German women with PhDs that you've been assuming were riding on their husbands' coat-tails :D
Yep, I looked it up and you’re right it’s no longer a thing, which is good and just shows me how antiquated my German is, I learned it from my grandparents and haven’t updated it since.
87258AE8-478D-4B30-8722-5DBB2CCB848E.jpeg

Peter Falk would sometimes improvise, putting off the other actor (nearly always the suspect) so they appeared more nervous and suspicious.

On Columbo...
I watch it on USA5 . Its on every Sunday...usually 6 episodes.

Recently I tried finding full episodes on youtube. Only one account seemed to have full episodes but they were part of a paying subscription.
Anyone know where I could get the full series for free ?

I loathe all the protagonists in this sorry saga though, all of them, on each side.. Harold is far from 'brave'.. He's got free license to make whatever claims he wants against his former family. It's brilliant. Yes, I know the palace will be briefing papers which is the only way they can respond.

No idea what the outcome will be for him personally. I doubt his wounded soldier games charity will want anything to do with him after the Taliban claims. His family will obvs shun him. He has no discernible talents. And he's only got one more book in him.
Not sure if £100M gives cause to consider other options tbh.

He has no marketable skills other than his story so this is his kids uni fund and his own retirement fund.
What I don't understand about it all, is that he easily would have had enough money to invest before he stepped on a plane out of the UK. He was setup for life. He doesn't need $150mil to send his kids to uni. It's one thing to have ambition, he could have gotten everything he wanted with some patience, but it's another to do what he did.

On Columbo...
I watch it on USA5 . Its on every Sunday...usually 6 episodes.

Recently I tried finding full episodes on youtube. Only one account seemed to have full episodes but they were part of a paying subscription.
Anyone know where I could get the full series for free ?
Not the full series but you can view at least 11 episodes here.
It's quite an informative site anyway......

Back
Top Bottom