Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Prince Harry

The Middleton part. It’s a great insult, they say. Look under any news items on those kinds of newspapers, and someone will call her Kate Middleton - and get hundreds of red arrows. Others will chime in underneath saying stuff like ‘it’s Catherine, Princess of Wales to you - she’s a married woman’.

I noticed during the Andrew stuff that his daughters don’t get that. People write Princess Beatrice or Princess Eugenie, and nobody says ‘its Mrs Mapelli Mozzi and Mrs Brooksbank to you - they’re married women’. Maybe I’ll make a point of going to the Daily Mail and doing so, to make the point.

'Mrs Windsor'

Lady Amelia's father, the Earl of St Andrews, lost his succession rights to the British throne as a consequence of marrying a Roman Catholic according to the Act of Settlement 1701. Although her grandmother, the Duchess of Kent, had converted to Roman Catholicism in 1994, it did not remove her grandfather, Prince Edward, from the line of succession as the duchess was Anglican at the time of their wedding in 1961. Her uncle, Lord Nicholas Windsor, converted to Roman Catholicism in 2001, which removed him from the line of succession. In 2013, the Succession to the Crown Act was passed, granting Lady Amelia's father succession rights once again.[22] Lady Amelia's two older siblings were confirmed in the Roman Catholic faith and therefore gave up their succession rights.[23] She is therefore the only one among her siblings to maintain a position in the line of succession.[24]

Anyone as confused as I am? Tanya1982 can you shed any light? :D

Wouldn't Willy have been Cambridge?

he wasn't Cambridge until 2011 apparently

The title became extinct several times before being revived in 2011, when Queen Elizabeth II bestowed it on her grandson Prince William on 29 April 2011 upon his marriage to Catherine Middleton. Catherine became known as the Duchess of Cambridge.

suppose it was a nice idea to name him after a pub in lewisham that got knocked down for a road widening scheme

bd6297100b61cd2e123611a1ece63b3c.jpg

:p

They did that with his mothers book. It was stacked up at the tills. I remember asking my brother to lend me his pocket money so I could double what I had, so I could buy it.
Are you talking about the cunt colouring book or Diana: Her true story?

I suppose her father isn't a catholic, but is married to a catholic, presumably the act allowed that, whereas her older siblings converted to catholicism which is not allowed.

I've read it several times and it makes less and less sense?

I have no idea? :D

i think it says that her father lost his succession because he married a catholic, but got his succession rights back in 2013 when the law changed (it looks as though you can now be monarch if you're married to a catholic, but not be monarch if you are catholic)

Far simpler just to behead them all and be done with it. Catholic or not.

that might be simpler

i think i'm mellowing a bit about the royal family.

i'd be content with state pension and council flat for old jug ears and his mrs, the rest of them can fuck off down the job centre

Well fuck you made me check.

The 2013 act removes the provisions that disqualified those that married roman catholics from the line of succession.

It did, but Catholics are still banned from actually becoming the sovereign.

Reactions: Cid
i'd be content with state pension and council flat for old jug ears and his mrs, the rest of them can fuck off down the job centre

Let them keep Buck House imo, they can all live there including Harry and Meghan, it's big enough that they'd never have to see each other again! Just don't give them any more taxpayers' money or power at all. They can even call themselves Queen or King etc but not with any power let alone state/constitutional funerals and coronations etc.

Back
Top Bottom