Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Prince Harry

My parents still do this, it's mind-boggling.
When they send me a birthday card it is addressed to "Mrs N Wxxxxxxxx"
For the love of god why???
Crispy has an aunt who does this to me. It’s particularly annoying as I didn’t take his last name. :mad:

My mum does it to people in her generation as that was now she was trained at work, but thankfully knows better than to try with me.

Crispy has an aunt who does this to me. It’s particularly annoying as I didn’t take his last name. :mad:

My mum does it to people in her generation as that was now she was trained at work, but thankfully knows better than to try with me.

I took his surname because I was so fucking fed up of having to repeatedly spell my own surname and still have people fuck it up. But yeah ffs use my own first initial!!!

I think it is the "how she was trained at work" thing, my mum was a PA/Secretary in the '60s when That Was What You Did.

exactly! I think maybe it’s changed, partly for that reason.
Bit annoying to get the gender bolted on though. One of the best things about getting the dr title was that I didn’t have to declare my gender if I didn’t use my first name, or being expected to use a title based on my marital status. :mad:

Do German man doctors get gendered?

I occasionally got it when married. It didn’t really bother me, he had a nice name. Now, I wouldn’t change my name at all, even if I did remarry (I won’t), and thankfully it seems to be rapidly going out of fashion.

I’ve noticed that in some parts of the internet, they argue that it’s grossly offensive to call Kate Middleton Kate Middleton, when anyone dares to refer to her as Kate Middleton. They pearl clutch in real horror.

Weirdly, they are never to be found insisting that everyone starts calling Princess Eugenie Mrs Jack Brooksbank, which to be consistent on you becoming just your husbands Mrs on marriage, they should be.

Bit annoying to get the gender bolted on though. One of the best things about getting the dr title was that I didn’t have to declare my gender if I didn’t use my first name, or being expected to use a title based on my marital status. :mad:

although does that sometimes cause difficulties?

i seem to remember something in the local rag round here (reading-ish) a year or to back where a gym or something would only allow access to the male changing room if someone had 'Dr' as their title...

(ETA for clarity - it was an automated thing and access cards, not a person making the decision, but the computer couldn't be over-ridden for that - i can't remember if the Dr in question had to revert to being a Ms on their system, or whether she told them what to do with it)

:facepalm:

:mad:

Last edited:
although does that sometimes cause difficulties?

i seem to remember something in the local rag round here (reading-ish) a year or to back where a gym or something would only allow access to the male changing room if someone had 'Dr' as their title...

:facepalm:

:mad:
Thankfully I have never been forced into a male changing room. :thumbs:

I’ve noticed that in some parts of the internet, they argue that it’s grossly offensive to call Kate Middleton Kate Middleton, when anyone dares to refer to her as Kate Middleton. They pearl clutch in real horror.
Where I grew up it was commonplace to continue to call married women by their maiden names. It was, I think, a facet of the “I kent their faither” phenomenon.

Where I grew up it was commonplace to continue to call married women by their maiden names. It was, I think, a facet of the “I kent their faither” phenomenon.
Someone very close to me died recently and I found it interesting that both her and her daughter were referred to as Ms despite both being married.

I occasionally got it when married. It didn’t really bother me, he had a nice name. Now, I wouldn’t change my name at all, even if I did remarry (I won’t), and thankfully it seems to be rapidly going out of fashion.

Weirdly, they are never to be found insisting that everyone starts calling Princess Eugenie Mrs Jack Brooksbank, which to be consistent on you becoming just your husbands Mrs on marriage, they should be.
The Kate part or the Middleton part? I've heard people saying she should be called Catherine rather than Kate?

According to wiki royals don't actually have last names and just write Wales or Windsor when they have to use official paperwork etc

The Kate part or the Middleton part? I've heard people saying she should be called Catherine rather than Kate?

According to wiki royals don't actually have last names and just write Wales or Windsor when they have to use official paperwork etc
The Middleton part. It’s a great insult, they say. Look under any news items on those kinds of newspapers, and someone will call her Kate Middleton - and get hundreds of red arrows. Others will chime in underneath saying stuff like ‘it’s Catherine, Princess of Wales to you - she’s a married woman’.

I noticed during the Andrew stuff that his daughters don’t get that. People write Princess Beatrice or Princess Eugenie, and nobody says ‘its Mrs Mapelli Mozzi and Mrs Brooksbank to you - they’re married women’. Maybe I’ll make a point of going to the Daily Mail and doing so, to make the point.

Last edited:

You need to get on Debrett's for this sort of stuff...

Madonna would have been fine marrying in then.

We always wondered what the deal was with the women's given they used to visit in groups...
Not particularly exciting, 10 times less stinky though.

In their military periods William was 'Wales' and Harry 'Windsor' iirc. i.e on their uniform badge thingies.

Last edited:

There's enough for another book! Prince Harry says he cut his memoir in HALF and stripped out details about his father and brother – as he claims he has 'long-term' aim to 'fix' the monarchy, insisting 'it's about trying to save them from themselves'​

• Prince Harry has revealed he has enough material to publish a second memoir
  • He eventually cut almost half of the material he'd written in a first draft
  • There are details of his relationship with family he doesn't want world to know

I mean. What the fuck else can he have up his sleeve.

The Duke of Sussex told The Telegraph he chose to leave out several bombshells because he was concerned his father and brother would not 'ever forgive' him.

'The first draft was different. It was 800 pages, and now it's down to 400 pages. It could have been two books, put it that way. And the hard bit was taking things out.

I do think he might be slightly past the point of his father and brother 'not forgiving' him for any further revelations :D

jesus he's messed up isnt he?

I mean he just made $100m off Netflix, and now has a best selling book. The bestselling book. And fucked off his profoundly toxic family.

I'm sure he's a prick too, I mean he's into psychics for one thing, but not sure I'd call that 'messing up'. Great that he's setting the tone for his dad and brother's hopefully curtailed reigns too.

<e2a: I did exactly the same things as raheem>

The Middleton part. It’s a great insult, they say. Look under any news items on those kinds of newspapers, and someone will call her Kate Middleton - and get hundreds of red arrows. Others will chime in underneath saying stuff like ‘it’s Catherine, Princess of Wales to you - she’s a married woman’.

I noticed during the Andrew stuff that his daughters don’t get that. People write Princess Beatrice or Princess Eugenie, and nobody says ‘its Mrs Mapelli Mozzi and Mrs Brooksbank to you - they’re married women’. Maybe I’ll make a point of going to the Daily Mail and doing so, to make the point.
But even those 'certain newspapers' call her Kate.

Wouldn't Willy have been Cambridge?

You'd think so...

5_Prince-William-and-Prince-Harry-photocall-at-RAF-Shawbury-near-Shrewsbury.jpg

Back
Top Bottom