Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

President Biden; impact on UK, Ireland, Brexit, trade etc..

It will kill off, quickly and starkly, the illinformed fantasy of some that the US will come riding to the economic and political rescue in a no-deal scenario with the EU.

It will make NATO far more cohesive, and make Europe more receptive to US concerns as well as vice versa. European states and institutions will be far happier to be seen engaging with the US, and the US will lose (some of) the short term, nakedly transactional approach it takes to European security and revert to a much more medium/long term view.

Putin won't like it. At all.

Johnson will become even less attractive to Tory MP's, his obviously being cold shouldered by Biden will probably hasten his retirement.

Years and years ago, Pickman's model, when I was a more rufty-tufty boatie type and we were still fearing some nuclear disaster, I seriously considered South Georgia as a possible anchorage. A miserable summer spent bird-ringing on St.Kilda quickly removed my delusion of fortitude but, for an anti-social misanthrope, the idea of a little getaway down the more temperate eastern coast still features in my more paranoid 'gotta flee' fantasies.

Years and years ago, Pickman's model, when I was a more rufty-tufty boatie type and we were still fearing some nuclear disaster, seriously considered South Georgia as a possible anchorage. A miserable summer spent bird-ringing on St.Kilda quickly removed my delusion of fortitude but, for an anti-social misanthrope, the idea of a little getaway down the more temperate eastern coast still features in my more paranoid 'gotta flee' fantasies.

Years and years ago, Pickman's model, when I was a more rufty-tufty boatie type and we were still fearing some nuclear disaster, seriously considered South Georgia as a possible anchorage. A miserable summer spent bird-ringing on St.Kilda quickly removed my delusion of fortitude but, for an anti-social misanthrope, the idea of a little getaway down the more temperate eastern coast still features in my more paranoid 'gotta flee' fantasies.
1604665579317.png

Anyway,Pickman's model, since discovering megaherbs, I would be off to the NZ subantarctic islands now (Campbell, Macquairie). I have grown a couple of specimens of the Campbell Island carrot (anisotoma latifolia) but lacking giant wetas as pollination partners, this has been a bit of a fail. I would definitely break my self-imposed travel ban for a horticultural tour if I had the spare £££

more thread derailing - apols

Back OT ;) ...here's the Barclay brothers' favourite swivel-eyed loon's view (along with some tame 'academics' & commentators):

tl/dw ? Everything's gonna be fine and the US doesn't really understand the GFA.:facepalm:

So...maybe this would have happened anyways? Who knows?

But...perhaps the supra state see their moment...the UK cast adrift without a friend in the world...?

1604683011274.png

Homestly I don't get why you're trying to send all the wrong 'uns there, it looks lovely to me. Send em to fucking Peterborough and make them work at Shoe Zone, that'll teach them.
No penguins in Peterborough.

Not wild ones anyway

The former people will expiate their sins through labouring on a range of projects including the drainage of falkland sound and the construction of the grytviken - buenos aires friendship bridge. And the wildlife population of the Falklands, south georgia and the south sandwich islands is projected to boom after the construction and opening of the penguin pellet food factory in grytviken. It will be the literal final refuge of the jingos

Back
Top Bottom