Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Possible vaccines/treatment(s) for Coronavirus

Call me tinfoil hat if you like.
I won't be vaccinated, it's not that I don't believe in COVID I think the measures they are taking against it is about control. No gatherings, no protests, lockdowns knock on effects.
I wonder if the vaccine has microscopic nanobots in it, and what has Bill Gates got to do with inoculation?
One thing to think about: we've had the accusation before that other vaccines have been used to inject nanobots or other forms of control. Equally, quite large numbers of people, as in tens of thousands, have received Covid vaccines as part of drug trials. Where is the evidence of these nanobots? Presumably it would be quite easy to display them under a simple microscope? Where is the evidence of all this hardware interacting with our organs?

I'm not really having a go, others have done that. ;) But I do wonder what happens to your theory when you ask a simple question of it, as above?
Fwiw, even though I'll be having the vaccine as soon as offered, I do have mild anxieties. That is anxieties about something developed at the speed of light, along with the usual distrust of big corporations. It's just in the circumstances the benefits massively outweigh the risks, both for me and society.

Just being announced. 95% effective.

It's going to be fucking expensive!

But at £38 to £45 for a course of two shots, Moderna’s vaccine is more expensive than the other frontrunners. AstraZeneca and Oxford University are aiming to sell their vaccine at about £3 a dose, while vaccines in trial with Johnson and Johnson and a collaboration between Sanofi and GSK are both expected to cost about £8 per dose. Pfizer is charging the US about £30 for a two-shot course. The UK has ordered 40m Pfizer shots but none of the Moderna vaccine.

Blimey. Of the patients in the study sample only 5 had the active dose. Not sure you can rely on the results quite yet!
The Guardian story is erroneous, the news channels are stating. 15,000 participants received placebo, 90 got sick.
15,000 received vaccine, 5 got sick.
Moderna: Covid vaccine shows nearly 95% protection Moderna: Covid vaccine shows nearly 95% protection

Last edited:
This Guardian story is erroneous, the news channels are stating. 15,000 participants received placebo, 90 got sick.
15,000 received vaccine, 5 got sick.
Moderna: Covid vaccine shows nearly 95% protection Moderna: Covid vaccine shows nearly 95% protection

Sorry - ignore - confused... :D

This bit doesn’t quite stack up?

The analysis was based on the first 95 to develop Covid-19 symptoms.
Only five of the Covid cases were in people given the vaccine, 90 were in those given the dummy treatment. The company says the vaccine is protecting 94.5%.
The data also shows there were 11 cases of severe Covid in the trial, but none happened in people who were immunised.

Last edited:
Yes the guardian article has mistakes compared to other news outlets. I will delete it!

The wording wasn't great, but I wouldn't say it had mistakes.

An interim analysis released on Monday, and based on 95 patients with confirmed Covid infections, found the candidate vaccine has an efficacy of 94.5%. The company said it now plans to apply to the US regulator, the Food and Drug Administration, for emergency-use authorisation in the coming weeks. In the analysis, 90 of the patients received the placebo with the remaining five the vaccine.

I've long suspected that urban75 transmits nanobots into my brain from my computer monitor, and is ultimately controlled by Steve Jobs, who the media claims is no longer alive. It would explain why I am still using a mac even though it costs something like £20,000 to buy some wheels for it, and why I find myself spending time from my finite lifespan arguing with people in these forums when there seems to be no discernable benefit in doing so. No one has specifically demonstrated to me that this is not going on, or even claimed that they can. Obviously, those who work amongst the servers are not going to admit that they have containers marked "secret nanobots" or the means to insert them into the cables.

I see already mentioned.

2nd vaccine, Moderna, 94.5% efficacy.

Am I right thinking I heard this requires less of a cold chain?

It will be fascinating to see how the differences between vaccines play out - eg cost, transportability.

By the way, this may be a naive question, but I honestly don't know the answer - once there are vaccines approved and available, is there anything to prevent private providers from supplying them for a fee at purchasers' convenience? I'm sure plenty of even vaguely affluent people would be happy to pay large sums to have them 6 months ahead of everyone else.

By the way, this may be a naive question, but I honestly don't know the answer - once there are vaccines approved and available, is there anything to prevent private providers from supplying them for a fee at purchasers' convenience? I'm sure plenty of even vaguely affluent people would be happy to pay large sums to have them 6 months ahead of everyone else.

Yes , I was thinking abut this the other day. I imagine proof of vaccination might be enough to allow entry into some countries without having to isolate for 2 weeks. If this is the case then people will certainly want to jump the queue.

It will be fascinating to see how the differences between vaccines play out - eg cost, transportability.

There will be no private vaccination for a long time.

The Government has insisted there will be no queue-jumping for a Covid-19 vaccine and “every single person in the UK” will be offered one for free on the NHS before any private providers will even have a product to sell, i can reveal.

A ministerial source at the Department of Health said that while private healthcare providers are permitted to source vaccines from manufacturers such as BioNTech/Pfizer and Astrazeneca/Oxford, any orders intended for sale to their customers will be put “at the back of the queue” and not delivered until the UK Government has received all of its orders.

Back
Top Bottom