Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

PM Boris Johnson - monster thread for a monster twat

Maybe I'm more jaded than I thought. I can't get too worked up about Johnson et al, cheese and wine in the garden. I'm actually finding it kinda funny how lots of people are seemingly suddenly shocked and mortified by this bunch of obvious spivs, tossers and degenerates. Also enjoying the bricks being thrown and ridiculous spectacle of Raab dim witidly trying to bullshit on their behalf of course.

I mean I'd machine gun them all down, natr. But fairly dispassionately at this point.

well it easier than just shouting at the fuckers that you were not angry about needing to now show id when you vote

but got pissed off about xmas and sports events

:)

well it easier than just shouting at the fuckers that you were not angry about needing to now show id when you vote

but got pissed off about xmas and sports events

:)

It's a bit of a stereotype but I wonder if there are many in the venn diagram of tutting at BLM protests last year, there's a pandemic on, arrest them etc. Who are now all about the freedomz!

i really dont get why some are surprised that party gate has struck a chord with the wider public. most people dont follow politics closely other than when it directly affects them - and this absolutely does - everyone was under restrictions and the sight of the people who laid down those restrictions openly and consistently flouting them will have gone down like a cup of cold sick.

And as for "surely they knows that these cunts are cunts" - well this is not typical behaviour - every other government since the war would have made sure that there were no parties or rule breaking amongst its own staff and ministers - partly because it would political suicide to do otherwise.

Even Cameron would have kept his little party's under the radar - not have the entire government doing what the fuck it likes across downing street, whitehall and Conservative HQ - that's what really stands out for me - they didnt slip off to some high hedged home counties retreat - it was in the official buildings - openly condoned by the highest authority.

How would your employer have reacted if you'd have used your workplace for a lockdown busting knees up? Turn up with a hamper and the bubbly and hosted the quiz? - or slapped you with a p45 quicker than you could say "gross misconduct" ?

Last edited:
How would your employer have reacted if you'd have used your workplace for a lockdown busting knees up? Turn up with a hamper and the bubbly and do the quiz? - or slapped you with a p45 quicker than you could say "gross misconduct" ?
That's the thing, at a certain level now, there is no such thing as missconduct. And this badly damages society at many levels, school kids are now being taught not to take responsibility but to work out ways to avoid it.

Could be a good thing in the long run, revolution needs young fighters.

In fairness I wouldn't fancy being the copper who tried to stop them having a party. Look what happened when that cop simply asked one of them to use a side gate instead of the locked main gate.
Yeah, you just wouldn't would you. fuck up yer career for the sake of those tossers. This is why it's obvious that strong principled management doesn't exist

i really dont get why some are surprised that party gate has struck a chord with the wider public. most people dont follow politics closely other than when it directly affects them - and this absolutely does - everyone was under restrictions and the sight of the people who laid down those restrictions openly and consistently flouting them will have gone down like a cup of cold sick.

And as for "surely they knows that these cunts are cunts" - well this is not typical behaviour - every other government since the war would have made sure that there were no parties or rule breaking amongst its own staff and ministers - partly because it would political suicide to do otherwise.

Even Cameron would have kept his little party's under the radar - not have the entire government doing what the fuck it likes across downing street, whitehall and Conservative HQ - that's what really stands out for me - they didnt slip off to some high hedged home counties retreat - it was in the official buildings - openly condoned by the highest authority.

How would your employer have reacted if you'd have used your workplace for a lockdown busting knees up? Turn up with a hamper and the bubbly and hosted the quiz? - or slapped you with a p45 quicker than you could say "gross misconduct" ?
Absolutely.
They blatantly flouted their own rules, the ones they imposed on us, leading to some awful situations whereby relatives were unable to visit their sick or dying loved ones.
In addition - and as Pickman's model pointed out earlier - no-one likes being laughed at. And that’s just what Allegra Stratton appeared to be doing, giggling away.

People really, really, really hate making the sacrifices that everybody has been ordered to make, and then finding out others didn't make them . It taps right in to toddler-level emotion of "IT'S NOT FAAAAAAAAIR".

And then you have this situation, in which the sacrifice being made was really very serious -- not seeing your own dying relatives.

And then you have them laughing about it.

And as for the idea that "most people" weren't obeying -- I'd say that's bollocks. Most people have always gone alone with what they have been told to do. Sure, there is always a minority that don't, but don't let their visibility fool you into thinking that's anything but a minority. One of the things that's taken me by surprise in each lockdown is just how laser-focused almost everybody seems to be on the exact letter of the law for each and every rule.

Back
Top Bottom