Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

PM Boris Johnson - monster thread for a monster twat

Unfortunately not - its a poorly worded paragraph (perhaps on purpose) - Labour are 6 points ahead in a national poll, not in a constituency poll. They only bother doing constituency polls when it's a labour seat that they think the tories might win. :hmm:
By elections aside, the fact (if I've understood correctly) that Labour are 6 points ahead of the Tories in a national poll is of at least some significance and suggests that some of the shine is coming off the "Boris brand".

Maybe Maximilian Robespierre should run to replace the current tory bastard. It is difficult to infiltrate the tory party as they do with the labour party, because they only let in the priviledged eton people.

Whoever they replace Johnson with will turn out to be another Tory bastárd. I have heard one of the aliens from " V " is in the running.
Not this nice one then?

tumblr_nj3zx5yjWM1tqyfuro1_1280.jpg

Although, to be fair, he did go on to bigger things...

nwpcct-b88516332z.120151023190022000gabcomre.40.jpg

By elections aside, the fact (if I've understood correctly) that Labour are 6 points ahead of the Tories in a national poll is of at least some significance and suggests that some of the shine is coming off the "Boris brand".

It does make me laugh when left wing analysis suggests labour behind = Keir’s fault and labour ahead = Johnson’s fault. Not a comment pointed at you :)

He is not a twat, a clown, a buffoon, an entertainer.
He is a Prince of Darkness.
I think in many was Johnson is an entertainer. A showman. His bumbling buffoon persona, his deliberately calculated unpreparedness in speeches, his way with words, saying what his audience wants to hear even if it contradicts what he told his last audience, his predictable unpredictability, LOL Boris hiding in a fridge, has been a source of his popularity. Politics as entertainment with him as the frontman. It's that popularity that saw the Conservative Party make him leader; they certainly didn't like him, but saw he could win the election and any fallout from Brexit (and Covid once that came along) could stick to him.

And now he's served his purpose and the corruption that has accompanied his whole career has got out of hand and he's pissed off enough of his party and the act is getting old, so the Party has decided it's time to drop him. They've lifted the protective barrier that was thrown around him and the Tory press have started asking questions that could've been asked at any time about him. He's seemed like a teflon politician as scandal after scandal slips off him, but that wasn't to do with him. That was his supporters in press and party protecting him as long as he was useful. And now he's not looking so useful moves against him are rumbling and he can be kicked out to become the sad clown who is blamed for everything that ever went wrong.

shame corbyn isnt labour leader now - his dutiful, lowest claims on expenses, worthy persona would make an interesting contrast to the eton buffoon being eaten away his own hubris, rank incompetence and decadence - plus some actual real alternative policies.
I have no doubt Labour's lead is entirely about tory shit housery rather than any postive endorsement of starmers insipid bleating "the prime minister should say he's sorry"

Here's a good one, the chief walnut whip thinks johnson might not have been aware of the parties because 'it's a big building'.

'I came down to breakfast and found all these cans in the front room. And some cunt had thrown up in the goldfish bowl!'

PM might not have known about No 10 parties because it's such a big building, claims chief whip​

Mark Spencer, the government chief whip, like all whips in parliament, tends not to give media interviews. But this morning he was on BBC Radio Nottingham (he is MP for Sherwood), where he got the prime 8.10 slot.
No member of the government has managed to emerge from a media grilling about the Downing Street Christmas party last year with any credit, but Spencer deployed some novel arguments that civil servants might describe as “brave”. Here are the main points.
  • Spencer said Boris Johnson might not have known about parties in No 10 because it was such a large building. When asked how Johnson could not have known what was happening, Spencer replied:
Let’s be absolutely clear about this. When you describe it as a house, it is a department of government. This is a huge, huge building, literally with hundreds and hundreds of offices and rooms. No single person could account for what is happening in those buildings. They are huge buildings.
Spencer is right about the Downing Street complex being larger than people might think looking at it from outside, but “hundreds and hundreds of office” is an exaggeration. Spencer also insisted that he was not aware of any parties taking place last Christmas, and he said he had been assured everyone followed the rules. He said:
I am assured that everybody in that building played by the rules, and that’s why the prime minister has asked the cabinet secretary to do a thorough investigation to find out and establish the facts and that’s what I expected him to do.
  • He argued that what was described as a party on 18 December was probably just a “meeting” and he claimed that the leaked footage of Allegra Stratton joking about the party was not evidence that a party took place. Asked by the presenter, Sarah Julian, why No 10 staff needed to have a mock press conference “to work out how they were going to lie to us about it”, he replied:
Somebody made a joke about whether there was or wasn’t a party. And, actually, when you listen to what Allegra Stratton said, she actually said the imaginary party.
Julian said that at the mock briefing Stratton was asked if the PM condoned holding a Christmas party, and she said if there was no party, Stratton should have been able to say no. Instead Stratton said, What’s the answer?” Spencer replied:
Because there was no party, that’s where the joke was ... That’s my interpretation of what happened. Someone made a joke about a meeting that had taken place the night before, or a couple of days before, where they clearly were in the office discussing issues surrounding dealing with coronavirus, and some wag had said, ‘You were all in the office together, were you having a party?’
“C’mon Mark,” said Julian in response, making it clear she thought this was was implausible.
  • Spencer said Johnson had a “miserable Christmas dealing with all of this [Covid]”. He was responding to Julian’s point about people being furious because they had a miserable time last Christmas.
  • He claimed No 10 staff were not drinking alcohol in Downing Street. He said people in No 10 were working “day and night” trying to solve the problems the country was facing. And he went on:
I am told that they were not, you know, drinking alcohol and having parties while that was going on.
This is significant because, although some insiders have argued that what happened on 18 December was not a party, they have not challenged reports that some staff did have a drink in the office at the end of the day on some occasions during that period.

Back
Top Bottom