Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Notting Hill Carnival 2012

sunday after parties
After-parties on Sunday August 26
http://www.timeout.com/london/feature/2942/notting-hill-carnival-warm-up-and-after-parties/3

Carnival 2012 With Wookie And Waze & Odyssey
Sun Aug 26, Horse & Groom

Renowned garage veteran Wookie and upfront house duo Waze & Odyssey (who'll be laying down a three-hour set) lead the Carnival madness at this Shoreditch disco pub tonight.
Read more about Carnival 2012 With Wookie And Waze & Odyssey
Buy tickets

Carnival Top Up
Sun Aug 26, The Regent

London party crews Sancho Panza and Leftside Wobble come together for this Carnival supplement following Sancho Panza's soundsystem at the street festival itself earlier in the day.
Read more about Carnival Top Up
Buy tickets
Colony and Scand Bank Holiday Special
Sun Aug 26, Rhythm Factory

A 'big fuck off rave' in Whitechapel as these two purveyors of industrial techno and acidic beats team up once more - all for just a fiver!
Read more about Colony and Scand Bank Holiday Special
David Rodigan and The Heatwave Carnival Party

Sun Aug 26, Electric Brixton (formerly The Fridge)

London's, if not the world's, finest reggae selector and performer teams up with the capital's biggest and best dancehall and bashment crew, The Heatwave, for a massive Carnival after-party in Brixton.
Read more about David Rodigan and The Heatwave Carnival Party
Dubwise Carnival Festival - Part 1
Sun Aug 26, Jamm

The Dubwise Carnival Festival returns for a two-part bonanza of after-party Carnival bass, for those wishing to keep the dub and reggae flowing long into the early mornings.
Read more about Dubwise Carnival Festival - Part 1
Buy tickets
The Hot Caribbean Carnival After-Party
Sun Aug 26, O2 Academy Islington

Sun Bailante (responsible for spreading 'tropical and global sounds') presents an after-party to mark the Carnival occasion.
Read more about The Hot Caribbean Carnival After-Party
Buy tickets
Inner Rhythm Carnival Special
Sun Aug 26, East Village

Quickly establishing itself as one of the best Sunday house parties around since its inception last October, Inner Rhythm's Carnival Special is fronted by the deep house sounds of Berlin's Andre Lodemann.
Read more about Inner Rhythm Carnival Special
Just Groove Carnival Bank Holiday Special
Sun Aug 26, Club 414

For something on a different - and harder - tip to most Carnival-related shenanigans, head to Brixton's Club 414 for a night of hard, uplifting house and trance.
Read more about Just Groove Carnival Bank Holiday Special
Krankbrother Carnival After-Party

Sun Aug 26, Loft Studios

This great loft-addicted party returns for Carnival for this west London special. Let's hope the weather holds out, especially as they've ace guest sets tonight (as always) from Berlin royalty Anja Schneide.
Read more about Krankbrother Carnival After-Party
Lemonade Bank Holiday Special

Sun Aug 26, The Nest

Get your disco on this bank holiday courtesy of Lemonade, with a hot-stepping East alternative to the deep bass rhythms of West London's Carnival.
Read more about Lemonade Bank Holiday Special
Mudd Up!

Sun Aug 26, Shacklewell Arms

Jamie Rodigan's monthly Dalston club takes on a carnival bent tonight, so those of you having (or wiling) to trek east after the celebrations will be rewarded with a heady night of dancehall, reggae and bashment.
Read more about Mudd Up!
Ninja Tune Presents

Sun Aug 26, The Paradise

Esteemed electronic label Ninja Tune follow up day one of the Notting Hill Carnival with this scorching after-party at gorgeous bar-club The Paradise.
Read more about Ninja Tune Presents
Buy tickets
Notorious Carnival After Party
Sun Aug 26, Babble Mayfair

A Notorious bank holiday special, split over two rooms, with DJs Spoony, Firin' Squad, Matt White, Booker T and more spinning cratefuls of UK garage, R&B, hip hop, house and party tunes.
Read more about Notorious Carnival After Party
Sunday West Carnival Party
Sun Aug 26, The Garden Bar

Born on the terrace space of the Café Ravenous on Portobello Road, Sunday West celebrates Carnival around the corner at this lovely bar opposite Latimer Road with underground house and techno to old school house.
Read more about Sunday West Carnival Party
Work It Carnival Special

Sun Aug 26, Notting Hill Arts Club

The first ladies of the hipster R&B revival in London, Work It, return for a Carnival special at this brilliant good times Notting Hill basement.
Read more about Work It Carnival Special

morning all...btw Boiler Room are streaming this FASCIST RED BULL ANTICARNIVAL BULLSHIT!
posterd-web3.jpeg

boilerroom.tv ;)
THats tommorow, which considering its meant to rain all day tomorrow, might be a better way of spending the day...

hope you all havea good one :)

Lord Underground was super loud. Solution pretty good. channel 1 pretty quiet. the r&b one down from solution was my favourite spot this year. It was definitely my favourite carnival ever taking the 2 year old though, it brought a whole other dimension to it, following the floats etc!

Had a good time with the children. The police closing roads down was the usual annoyance. Leads to having to make a real effort to see the carnival. Enjoy the park at the end of all saints- although the Drum and Bass system was loads quieter than previous years. I can remember the whole park booming, this year couldn't even hear the music from the playground, managed to have some good chats though so I suppose there is some advantage.

Wished I was heading down there tomorrow, but lots of things conspiring against me AGAIN this year :(

(keep posting this clip coz I'm a bit obsessed with this unreleased Danny Red/Mafia & Fluxy, but I was there when this was dropped and it was a propa carnival moment with the dub siren runnin' red! :cool:)

Was a Good Times regular for a long time, and as much as I'm pleased to see Norman back, GT has lost its appeal for me really nowadays. Usually check Channel One, KCC and Gladdy Wax in recent years.

Have a good 'un all of you that touch down :)

started off at Lord Ambassador, bass sounding very loud (too loud - fluttering my eardrums), but found a spot on the slope into the estate where it sounded sweet and the sun was shining...mix a couple of 70 and 80s with lots of modern tunes from the off...

then popped over to channel one to see what was happening, Mikey was playing some 70s instrumentals, then stopped to say it was the 30th anniversary of Channel One, talked a bit about how the sound started, played one studio one, then said he'd been up for 48 hours and was tired, and would we all mind if he went to get some food! Of course the crowd was all ready to go, but fair enough and he put on a, what was it now, Duke Reid LP i think and chipped off!!

So back to Lord Ambassador for more of the same - sounding really good over there. Then after a bit i though id check back on Channel One and there'd been some kind of gas leak supposedly which closed off all of the road starting at Channel One heading east - No Channel One all day till about 6.30om!!!

Cant see why they couldn't have blocked the road 2 meters further down so Channel One could play, but I reckon Mikey was a little relieved too many warms ups, and a little burnt out for the big day.

So back again to Lord Ambassadors, and I dont know the name of the selector, but even he was complaining of being tired a bit. Fair enough, one dj for the whole day is hard work, but still... anyhow, all was good there, but suffered a little from traffic as people were diverting off the blocked road into Ledbury through Ambassadors patch.

So it was busy there, but the sound was firing.

Checked Solution a couple of times but I was really up for hearing modern tunes, and the few minutes I caught solution it was a 60s selection (plus their food stall had run out of veggie food...boo)

Weather was fine, atmosphere was lovely, definitely a successful carnival sunday from what i could see...

happy to have my feet up now! :) definitely a leg shaking all-dayer

Best bits were a bashment sound called rough and sweet or something right on the edge and Dennis Bovell at gladdy wax, all good.

DJWrongspeed said:
busy this year, but some of the systems seemed quieter, still........... the best street party in London of course, great stufff.

Seemed very much like they were told to tone it down a bit, music wise as well as volume. Still going back tomorrow i reckon.... :D

Seemed very much like they were told to tone it down a bit, music wise as well as volume. Still going back tomorrow i reckon.... :D
Wouldn't be surprised if they always kept it down on sunday, wouldn't know I've only been on Monday before.

Aba Shanti i, jeez... :cool:

The b-line there was just mind boggling, absolutely loved it. Was drinking rum truffles, lovely bit of weed, not skunk, met Max and Karen from Seven Dwarves: The Wedding, sun was shining, absolutely stunning.

Looks like today's going to be perfect carnival weather... v. tempted. Forgot to mention found some vodka jelly shots going for 2 for a pound. Real effort to keep the children off the one I bought though.

IC3D said:
Best bits were a bashment sound called rough and sweet or something right on the edge and Dennis Bovell at gladdy wax, all good.

He was excellent wasn't he. Proper good vibes.

Saw a bit of block party at Mayhem, that was fun. Hearing is still muffled from standing in front of the speakers at aba shanti. Gaz's rocking blues was rammed. Had a wicked day :)

Hearing is still muffled from standing in front of the speakers at aba shanti.
I was stood a foot or 2 on the path in front of the back speakers, right next to the stall. A few times the base was so intense I could do nothing except giggle to myself.

Back
Top Bottom