Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Northern Winter Soiree - 3 December in Hebden

Will you be coming to the soiree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Actually, it was me failing to look at the box on the right. 176 each way :(

Once the cheaper tickets kick in the return is 242 (e.g. for any weekend in November it seems).

Actually, it was me failing to look at the box on the right. 176 each way :(

Once the cheaper tickets kick in the return is 242 (e.g. for any weekend in November it seems).

Oh that sucks :(

You might find you can get the cheap advance bookings to Leeds or Manchester. There's a direct train from both of those to Blackpool North.

It was trainline, and yes, split 4 ways. I think there might be an optimum week to buy the tickets on for ideal cheapness... and the big advantage is everyone *has* to travel back on the same train, making it less likely that we'll leave a drunk urb in a corner somewhere :)
My local station always beat trainline prices when I go to buy tickets. It's worth you going to your nearest station to get a better deal :)

Oh that sucks :(

You might find you can get the cheap advance bookings to Leeds or Manchester. There's a direct train from both of those to Blackpool North.
There are always a few £14.90 singles available to Leeds (and maybe Manc too?) :thumbs:

Glitter - apparently there is a direct train from Halifax too. I'd assumed we'd have to change in Manc but apparently not.

There are always a few £14.90 singles available to Leeds (and maybe Manc too?) :thumbs:

Glitter - apparently there is a direct train from Halifax too. I'd assumed we'd have to change in Manc but apparently not.

Yeah it goes through Sowerby Bridge *dances*

Although I'm pretty certain I'm supposed to be in Leicester that weekend :(

There's a cheap train that runs from London to Halifax. I think it's run by grand central or something, anyway it's really cheap but you can't book, it's like a bus and you get on. You can then go direct from Halifax by train to Blackpool. You can also go direct leeds to Blackpool.

Right train is £63 return so pretty much same price/time as Chester. Although I can get megabus for £30 return to Manchester and nab a kip on my mates sofa. Get into manc for about lunchtime so a quick train nip and sorted.

I'm having to pull out of this soiree now :( Got an offer of a stand at a christmas market here in Hebden and I can't really afford not to do it.
You could all come to Hebden instead of course, I'll be done at the market by 4pm :)

Back
Top Bottom