Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

NH Carnival '14 - Soundsystems under threat

Have a swollen and bruised knee from y/day, the opposite knee to which I injured Wednesday night :cool:

Channel One was nuts y/day, floated//fought my way between there and Lord Ambassador. Plenty of Rum and Red Stripe, lovely bit of jerk at the end and finished off drinking shots of Sambuca, we even caught about an hour of the parade when making our way in initially.

I LOVE Carnival, absolutely love it. Started out with 10 of us, split up for a few hours, ended up with 7 of us, all mandem had a spiffing time.

24hr round trip megabus it! would be nice to meet you krink

I need about 24 hours either side of the event these days - I'm so out of shape haha. Definitely thinking about it though, I've wanted to go since I was a youth (which was quite some time ago, hence the need for convalescence time). And yes, would be cool to meet irl.

I'd still be there in the rain though, us northerners and all that...:D

I think we need some pics. I need to see the police in wet suits and in dingys :hmm:

Not sure how heavy the rain is your side of town but it is a constant wall of 1 trillion drops per second here... quite something. :(

Pissing down :)

WP_20140825_14_15_25_Pro_zpsd438791e.jpg

ive never done that...thought about it this year, but had obligations on the Saturday
i think they should make SAturday a full family carnival day, no fixed sounds , bring Panorama out into the streets, Sunday has lost any family day meaning ...

I went last year - it was great - nothing to beat the sound of a full on band and it's very exciting - def going again next year

despite the rain at least it humid out there - makes it a bit nicer for those who have to be there

* one thing to come out of this carnival is i think my smoking days are over days are over!

Well I've just woken up from sunday! My head is throbbing, my ears are broken, and my lungs feel like they have been through a cheese grater but I had a wicked time!

I spent most of the day by the rough but sweet (Rinse FM) rig then went over to Jungle mania at the coronet in elephant and castle.

Just got back from a Monday 'tour of duty'...Must admit it was a struggle to get stuck in owing to the rain (and,erm, the fact I'm rolling over from Sunday :rolleyes:)

Such a shame about the rain and the effort that goes into their one big day of the year for some. Mad me right sad:(, tho made the people that did brave it out for the parade made of extra win :thumbs:

Saw Digital Soundboy (Sir Lloyd) stage had to shut down earlier today as their generator packed in or summat - I spent all of yesterday there tho the lineup today was pretty epic. Strolled up to Rinse FM stage and tbh couldn't believe how small the location was (with a big ass tree in the middle!). It was playing (what I assume to be) proper serious grimeysteppy stuff, tho was in the mood for party tunes so bimbled onward for a bit. Blagged the Red Bull thing under the Westway which was my first period out of the bucketing rain and a welcome respite and to grab a few free drinks tho I'm not really a fan of it in principle so I called it a day (weekend!). Slim chance I might go to the Met later :hmm:

Good effort Ted! I am still sulking on the sofa. Just want the sodding rain to stop long enough for me to walk the dog, get some air etc. I am even tempted to go and nurse a pint in the local pub as the cabin fever is baddddddddddd! :D

Butetown Carnival in Cardiff today, first one for 16 years! was raining here too earlier but cleared up and the sun even came out
few hundred people 2 stages and food etc, well done organisopeopleinsun.jpg rs

ive got a welsh reggae record - well, punk reggae record:

Recorded at Studio One (thats Studio One in Chester ;))
and possibly at the real Ariwa :hmm: probably not

Back
Top Bottom