Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Newcastle United 2021/22

It’s about ‘control’, innit? Those organisations are run by independent entities so are okay. Neither are close to being as bad as Etihad at citeh. Tho they may just have allowed that one because it’s funny, as it means United.

To quote the previous quote, neither Disney nor Starbucks are clean and I would not patronize either of them but that has nothing to do with the Saudi connection.

And more. This is fucking incompetent.don’t leak shit like this
This tends to happen a lot when owners try and appease the fans as if to say we are looking at lots of names, we are not just signing any old manager. Leaks like this also give a feel for what the fans think. If they pick a name the fans approve of it helps to keep them on side

Police say they're investigating an "offensive" banner seen at the Palace game and "allegations of racist abuse will be taken very seriously" - looks to me like it's clearly targeting Prince Salman, not Saudis or Arabs in general.

View attachment 293955

Palace did not have a lot of time to welcome the new owners, can Brighton do better?

I'll happily take a point from an away game.

The camera kept zooming in on Eddie Howe sitting next to Amanda Staveley...

Could the Premier League's worst-kept secret be revealed soon?

How long before he gets the chop?
Similar to Nuno/Conte at Spuds.

First choice let's them down despite the club informing the press it was a done deal. Then settling for second (third or fifth?) choice manager and expecting the substitute manager to lead them to glory 🙄

As Newcastle could face a relegation battle it is not exactly an attractive proposition for a top class manager. With this in mind, perhaps they have bought in Eddie to steady the ship and make them a better bet for one of the best managers.
Z.jpg

Eddie Howe must be laughing.

"It's a 12 month gig Eddie, no more, no less. We get relegated and you'll get £2mill for the year. Keep us up - it's 5 Mill. But know you're only here to steady the ship."

shrugs

"OK"

Actually I wish him all the best tbh . It’s a difficult task to take over a relegation candidate team . Yes the club have some money to spend but Newcastle are going to have to invest wisely and tbf joining a potentially sinking ship isn’t the most attractive proposition . Wonder what decision making he will have with transfers ?

Actually I wish him all the best tbh . It’s a difficult task to take over a relegation candidate team . Yes the club have some money to spend but Newcastle are going to have to invest wisely and tbf joining a potentially sinking ship isn’t the most attractive proposition . Wonder what decision making he will have with transfers ?
Yeah, his work with Bournemouth shows he’s good at saving a fairly crap team from relegation and he’s done well enough to ‘deserve’ a crack at a decent team. If he does better than keeping them up by a couple of points I reckon he’ll be given a decent wedge for next year.

Police say they're investigating an "offensive" banner seen at the Palace game and "allegations of racist abuse will be taken very seriously" - looks to me like it's clearly targeting Prince Salman, not Saudis or Arabs in general.

View attachment 293955

As long as the Palace fans feel the need to display similarly-themed banners at the Etihad and Old Trafford... (I'm not condoning this banner as such, just nobody protests about those other clubs for similar connections).

the newcastle coppers are very much in the pocket of councillors and vice versa, its pretty old school up there. I cant see any dissent being tolerated
Interesting. Reminds me of the differences we saw in policing when I used to travel all over to away games.

Excellent Newcastle performance tonight who were very unlucky only to come away with a draw . Downside is both their two strikers came off injured . Really effective on the counterattack , Saint-Maximin ran the United defence ragged , Joelinton was excellent in midfield and were it not for a post and DeGea they would have won .

Excellent Newcastle performance tonight who were very unlucky only to come away with a draw . Downside is both their two strikers came off injured . Really effective on the counterattack , Saint-Maximin ran the United defence ragged , Joelinton was excellent in midfield and were it not for a post and DeGea they would have won .
Joelinton Man Of The Match:

That, as my late Ma used to say, is new light out of an old window.

A great preformance by the whole team tonight.

Obviously, Eddie out, etc.

:)

Mr Trippier hasn't signed up for the money, says Eddie Howe. It's the challenge apparently.

He sure as hell didn't leave Madrid to join Newcastle for the sodding climate. Unless I'm overlooking the blossoming orange groves of Byker.

Either way, a decent start to the transfer window, and a fair price.

It was a strong game from Newcastle. Lots of pace and energy. St Max was "unplayable" in the words of Robert Lee.

Even our own-goal was better than theirs!

huge blow, but Burn and Targett have improved the backline and I'm looking forward to seeing how they both fair against the cat kickers on Saturday. Hopefully Wood gets on the score sheet, there'll be less pressure on him away from SJP.

Back
Top Bottom