Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Manchester City 22/23

Anyway, in the unlikely event of this going anywhere, I'll look forward to the next Pep interview. For once he'll have something more than Sam Matterface making a mild inquiry about his formation to go berserk about. :thumbs:

Anyway, in the unlikely event of this going anywhere, I'll look forward to the next Pep interview. For once he'll have something more than Sam Matterface making a mild inquiry about his formation to go berserk about. :thumbs:
Pep rightly thinks these people firing inane questions at him are bought-and-paid-for idiots, and treats them as such. He never goes beserk, but you can see what he thinks in his eyes. 'Why am I forced to speak to these nobodies?'

"so Pep, the EPL have decided to deduct 6 points, which means that Arsenal have an unassailable lead at the top of the table, thoughts?"

"The whole thing might be put on the back-burner if it goes nuclear in Ukraine, though. Which is a high possibility as the NATO weapons flood in."

"OK, thanks Pep, back to you Clive"

"so Pep, the EPL have decided to deduct 6 points, which means that Arsenal have an unassailable lead at the top of the table, thoughts?"

"The whole thing might be put on the back-burner if it goes nuclear in Ukraine, though. Which is a high possibility as the NATO weapons flood in."

And can you imagine how much I'll be charging Pep for quoting me?

'We're going down with a billion in the bank... '

'We never win at home and we never win away, we lost last week and we lost today. We don't give a fuck 'cos we're all pissed up...'

Fucking looking forward to these things that will never happen. The Mickey Mouse Sky four league has gone forever. Hopefully, this will bring the whole protectionist cartel down. That isn't what City as a club want, but I do.

You were one of the 3,000 that positively relished losing at home to Mansfield in the Auto Windscreens Shield, weren't you?

"Obviously we're disappointed at the prospect of full-scale nuclear armageddo but we've got a resilient group in that changing room and if it happens well. we'll look at it, analyse it, work hard in training and be ready to go again"

You were one of the 3,000 that positively relished losing at home to Mansfield in the Auto Windscreens Shield, weren't you?
As it happens no. Like all the other stay-aways, I wasn't interested in a competition I'd barely heard of and never dreamed we'd actually be playing in.

"Obviously we're disappointed at the prospect of full-scale nuclear armageddo but we've got a resilient group in that changing room and if it happens well. we'll look at it, analyse it, work hard in training and be ready to go again"
'... in fact Haaland probably needs a rocket up him at the moment'.

this will go on for a while -- it will take too long for the them to do anything about it this season, i reckon. but sooner or later the shit will hit the fan and it could doom the entire city project

FoYRFDYXgAAVpNY

Pannick. On the streets of London.

As a lifelong City fan it would be quite funny if we were totally destroyed by this. Guardiola leaves, all the players leave, the owners sell the club and we go back to being, at best, Everton standard

As a lifelong City fan it would be quite funny if we were totally destroyed by this. Guardiola leaves, all the players leave, the owners sell the club and we go back to being, at best, Everton standard
Funny for the shrill manboys who follow certain other clubs via social media maybe. Can't understand why a lifelong City fan would find it funny.

'The degree to which City’s alleged corruption is greater than the protectionist corruption of Financial Fair Play (FFP) is quite another matter. Those loyal to the European Super League cabal won’t agree, but City are accused of breaking rules that shouldn’t exist in their present form. What began as an assault on unscrupulous owners and debt was twisted into a means of thwarting new money coming into the game, while protecting an elite. If we are giving City’s titles to their rivals, there is not a lengthy list of benefactors: it’s Manchester United, then Liverpool, then United, then Liverpool, then United, then Liverpool. The red clubs, who love the English game so much they conspired to destroy it not so long ago, would again be close to untouchable: just as they like it, just as they have engineered it.
City and Chelsea get the blame for inflating the transfer market, but there has been a steady rise over many years, largely driven by the clubs that now seek protection from new wealth. United broke the British transfer record in 1962, 1981, 1995, 2001, 2002 and 2016; Arsenal in 1928, 1938, 1971 and 1995; Tottenham in 1968 and 1970; Liverpool in 1995. Since the Second World War, Derby County have broken the British transfer record more times than City. So inflation was always with us and the global elite, having created this market — because AC Milan, Barcelona, Marseille, Juventus, Lazio and Real Madrid also feature heavily in the escalation here — then linked the ability to play the market with the financial capacity of a club. The rules City are accused of breaking are the ones designed to keep them in their place; and Newcastle United, or any other club challenging the orthodoxy.'

I wouldn't want City to be destroyed. They play attractive football and I've enjoyed watching them, and having another team aside at the top from the usual suspects.

The nihilism of certain generations of City fans is just something we've become conditioned to. The young uns can flip to Barcelona along with Bernardo Silva.

I saw Pep talking about how they have to be better than good in order to beat "the establishment". Bit cringe.

maybe they'll do to you what the scots did to rangers and make you start again in league two

Back
Top Bottom