Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Manchester Arena incident - many reported dead

yeh. in that case you really should be able to criticise his article rather than just having a shit pop at him.

No. Pilger has nothing of value to say about the subject, intellectually or otherwise, and should stick to writing about Vietnam. But I suppose he has to try and stay, what is the word, 'relevant'?

No. Pilger has nothing of value to say about the subject, intellectually or otherwise, and should stick to writing about Vietnam. But I suppose he has to try and stay, what is the word, 'relevant'?
yeh. you say that. but why should i believe you, if even when prompted you can't muddle together an argument better than 'he has nothing of value to say'. demonstrate it. or stfu.

so you're full of fail. you can't even demonstrate a man 'with nothing of value to say' has nothing of value to say.

this may well be your finest urban hour.

You are full of anger. cynicism, and an inherent drive to attempt to prove your worth, intellectually and otherwise (by way of your attempted pedantry especially). It remains a constant feature of your posts on Urban 75. One has to wonder why?

You are full of anger. cynicism, and an inherent drive to attempt to prove your worth, intellectually and otherwise (by way of your attempted pedantry especially). It remains a constant feature of your posts on Urban 75. One has to wonder why?
yeh. you're full of fail cos you can't put together even two sentences to show how pilger's a man with nothing of value to say. don't know why you bother posting here if you can't ever substantiate your claims.

yeh. you're full of fail cos you can't put together even two sentences to show how pilger's a man with nothing of value to say. don't know why you bother posting here if you can't ever substantiate your claims.

I thought of you as I posted in the 'What are you listening to now?' thread. Very apt I suspect.

;)

Disruptive Conduct
yeh. you never did tell me what would happened if i ignored your well meant advice, you bottled it.

It is a shame that you have chosen to take this up, as I was being respectful and polite. Your assertion (in context) was open to question, and I decided that it would not be appropriate to pursue it. I had even thought of sending you a pm, especially given your apparent interest in reading and books, to allow you to explore the subject area and to allow you to explore the subject area concerned.

I was being polite, which you (sadly) failed to recognise. You claim to despise me, but let me state clearly that I do not despise you.

It is a shame that you have chosen to take this up, as I was being respectful and polite. Your assertion (in context) was open to question, and I decided that it would not be appropriate to pursue it. I had even thought of sending you a pm, especially given your apparent interest in reading and books, to allow you to explore the subject area and to allow you to explore the subject area concerned.

I was being polite, which you (sadly) failed to recognise. You claim to despise me, but let me state clearly that I do not despise you.
You were warned to stop and carried on. So you have duly been warned. Anyone else continuing this behaviour will also get warned.

It's John Pilger. Mr Vietnam. What else needs to be said (without mentioning his writing for the 'New Statesman').

Quite a lot if the main topic here is UK intelligence and Libyan terrorists. Not sure what your point about the statesman is either. Perhaps you just think he's rubbish, if so it would be helpful to read some of your own articles for comparison, and so we might discern what you may actually be on about. Got any links?

I have to say, whatever you think of 21st century Pilger, the question about whether Manchester was to some degree blowback from Cameron/May (and Obama/Clinton) Libya policy doesn't seem unreasonable given what we know at the present time.

Exactly, and my gripe isn't even as much to do with what the answers could be but the fact that the vast majority of the press isnt even asking the questions at all.

Sure. If they're going to spend that much time asking Corbyn about relations with paramilitary politicians in the distant past, you'd hope they could spend at least as much time asking Theresa May to produce the risk assessment she signed off on sending British Libyans off to fight with armed Islamist groups.

I say 'risk assessment' because, given the overwhelming evidence of blow-back having occurred from previous support of armed Islamic groups who happened to be fighting the ruling class's political enemies-du-jour, I'd expect a competent organisation to have performed some sort of risk assessment on doing it again, and their boss to have signed off on that assessment before letting them do it again. So either, there is such a risk assessment, in which case I think the public ought to see it, or there isn't in which case Theresa May was negligent.

Of course, that's in an imagined world of civic responsibility and basic competence, but we're actually in a bleak dystopia, somewhere on the spectrum between Orwell and Scarfolk, so we'll be hearing more about the IRA and Diane Abbot's hairstyle instead.

Like a number of others, the guy they arrested in my hometown of Nuneaton has been released without charge. He ran away when they came to his house so they ended up tasering him a number of streets away.

Like a number of others, the guy they arrested in my hometown of Nuneaton has been released without charge. He ran away when they came to his house so they ended up tasering him a number of streets away.
Perhaps he had heard of the forest gate police shooting, 11 years ago tomorrow, and didn't fancy ending up dead or wounded at the hands of the police.

The mother of the eight year old who was killed, Saffie, has just come off life support and was told of the death of her daughter. What an absolute crying shame :(

Back
Top Bottom