Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Manchester Arena incident - many reported dead

This is what music and young people are all about...
People coming together..to enjoy music and life...
It's all about love ... not hate...not bombs and not terrorism...

was actually hard to be cynical about all that, despite Coldplay.

Ariana Grande has also accidentally transformed her UK profile,forever - fairplay all round.

Ariana Grande is incredible. Pulling that together so quickly was amazing in itself but when you consider the personal trauma she must have been feeling...wow!

You know who else impressed me last night? Miley. Ariana (understandably) at times was struggling to hold it together and the emotion obviously got to her when she was speaking. Miley was articulate and smart and the pair of them performed well together.

They should be very proud of themselves. Excellent role models for young people, especially young women.

I'm so proud of Manchester and the response to this tragedy. I was in Victoria station on Saturday and was very moved by the tributes. I'm so pleased our city pulled together in such a way, it was so lovely to see all the children in the crowd smiling and dancing.

I'm unlikely to ever listen to her again but this was a wonderful response. She'll be scarred for life after what happened at the original show - as will everyone who was there and the friends and relatives of those affected - but this kind of stuff shows the power of love and music over hate filled shitbag losers.

I'm unlikely to ever listen to her again but this was a wonderful response. She'll be scarred for life after what happened at the original show - as will everyone who was there and the friends and relatives of those affected - but this kind of stuff shows the power of love and music over hate filled shitbag losers.

Being an oldie, I was unaware that there's a whole genre of "girl power" music. I got a listen to some of it on a news podcast and was quite impressed. There was nothing out there telling girls that they could be powerful and in charge when I was a teen.

Being an oldie, I was unaware that there's a whole genre of "girl power" music. I got a listen to some of it on a news podcast and was quite impressed. There was nothing out there telling girls that they could be powerful and in charge when I was a teen.

There was a bit early on when Grande was talking about meeting the mother of one of the dead girls, where the mum said "Olivia would want you to play the hits", so the proposed set list got revised late on. So the next song was Side to Side which, and I'm not sure quite how to put this, is about being somewhat saddle-sore. There's a great giggled acknowledgement about that in the intro here.

There was a bit early on when Grande was talking about meeting the mother of one of the dead girls, where the mum said "Olivia would want you to play the hits", so the proposed set list got revised late on. So the next song was Side to Side which, and I'm not sure quite how to put this, is about being somewhat saddle-sore. There's a great giggled acknowledgement about that in the intro here.

Think that Mum saved the day. Got the impression over the last two weeks in LA an idea got formulated of some sort of world changing Peace-Aid type event, (there were still elements) but the change of tack towards as Robbie Williams put it, getting together and singing the songs we knew was for the better. That admission was straight after the girl from the choir had broken down, where I think Grande realised the mum was right, and think Cyrus helped her get into that groove. Lucky, I think, if they'd stuck to plan would have been over shamltzy, unachievable wallowing rather than the ENSA sytle thing with added polish they ended with.

Back
Top Bottom