Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Manchester Arena incident - many reported dead

Angry with whom?
At the time a lot of things. Manchester has been my city for thirty years, that cowardly monstrous nature of the crime, the just accept terrorism as part of these things that happen mentality, the fact that by and large the lefts response over the years to Islamism and Islamic terrorism has been to blame marginalisation, racism or imperialism rather than to call them out for the reactionary fascists they are, the fact that these people stand completely opposed to the very principles that those of us in the working class fought for. Lots of things , at times quite overwhelming.Anyway todays another day.

Was Trump right? Are these people sad losers who couldn't have a normal life if they wanted - in the vein of Thomas Hamilton or Michael Ryan?

Is it an "empty gesture" not to sell munitions to a brutal regime waging a vicious war killing thousands of people?
I don't think the West can judge, because America has Donald Trump who is basically a modern day Hitler and one of the most evil people alive today.

At the time a lot of things. Manchester has been my city for thirty years, that cowardly monstrous nature of the crime, the just accept terrorism as part of these things that happen mentality, the fact that by and large the lefts response over the years to Islamism and Islamic terrorism has been to blame marginalisation, racism or imperialism rather than to call them out for the reactionary fascists they are, the fact that these people stand completely opposed to the very principles that those of us in the working class fought for. Lots of things , at times quite overwhelming.Anyway todays another day.

In terms of timing, it's interested that you posted that, just after I posted this:
This is just a pointless line of bile. Was the war in Ireland all about 'another Catholic/Protestant doing this shit again'? If you want a literal answer, no I wasn't surprised, but you don't just turn your brain off at that point. The person(s) who did this are entirely responsible for what they have done. But the background isn't some fucking religious war or 'battle of civilisations', it's money, power, oil and centuries of geo-politics. And to be clear, that background doesn't go one inch towards justifying mass murder (on either side, fwiw).

The thing is I agree with you in terms of the left escaping from the confines of state multiculturalism and being able to condemn practices that are oppressive (in fact how fucked up would it be if the left didn't condemn oppressive ideas and practices - wherever they are to be found). It's about creating a stance where you are able to condemn marginalisation and imperialism, whilst also standing with victims of oppression that they might suffer within their community (regardless of which community that is). It's not a path that much have the left have managed to tread over the last 25 years. but ultimately, it shouldn't be that difficult - it's simply about being honest.

Edit: actually, I'm not sure this is the right thread to get into all that.

As an aside, I was utterly fucking appalled at the picture on yesterdays heinous evening standard - badly pixellated bodies and blood trails where bodies had been moved. Utterly disgraceful, exploitative given many people were unaware of the situation with their loved ones. So I did wrote one of them complaints to the Independent Press Standards Organisation / IPSO about it

Appears that the Standard is not a member so the IPSO cannot do fuck all about it
The system works ... for itself.

Was Trump right? Are these people sad losers who couldn't have a normal life if they wanted - in the vein of Thomas Hamilton or Michael Ryan?
Sorry I'm on a posting roll here, But basically although these atrocities are wrong they might be divine punishment for all the wrong Britain has done in the past, up to and including the Crusades.

Sorry I'm on a posting roll here, But basically although these atrocities are wrong they might be divine punishment for all the wrong Britain has done in the past, up to and including the Crusades.
Who are you? Where are you from? Tell us your hopes and fears.

I think we tried imposing regime change in the Middle East before. Also isn't Saudi Arabia home to Mecca Islam's most holy site, Allah has blessed it such, so can't it defend itself? Just thinking out loud really.

Are you? Thinking I mean. Because the above is an unrelated mess of reactionary kneejerk bollocks.

And then some scum rises to the top

Grande, who said said she was "broken" following the bomb attack in Manchester that killed 22 people, was a strong Hillary Clinton supporter during the US presidential election and joined the Women's March in January.

The pro-Trump Facebook page "Patriots for America USA" published a meme with an image of Grande and an "anti-American" quote attributed to her.

In the post, the group says: "Pro refugee, Muslim sympathizer, anti-Trump, anti-American, Women's March organizer and raging liberal is suddenly wishing she was back in the safety of the America she hates so much."

Grande's words were often used by the alt-right to accuse her of anti-Americanism. In 2015, the pop star was caught on camera while reacting to a new tray of doughnuts in a shop. She jokingly said "I hate America, I hate Americans" to a friend.

Alt-right trolls are targeting Ariana Grande after terror attack

Quran (2:191-193) - "And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief or unrest] is worse than killing... but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah [disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allah] and worship is for Allah alone. But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zalimun(the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc.)"

Quran (3:151) - "Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority".

Quran (4:89) - "They but wish that ye should reject Faith, as they do, and thus be on the same footing (as they): But take not friends from their ranks until they flee in the way of Allah (From what is forbidden). But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever ye find them; and (in any case) take no friends or helpers from their ranks."

Quran (2:191-193) - "And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief or unrest] is worse than killing... but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah [disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allah] and worship is for Allah alone. But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zalimun(the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc.)"

Quran (3:151) - "Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority".
Hm?

Quran (4:89) - "They but wish that ye should reject Faith, as they do, and thus be on the same footing (as they): But take not friends from their ranks until they flee in the way of Allah (From what is forbidden). But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever ye find them; and (in any case) take no friends or helpers from their ranks."
Point?

Back
Top Bottom