Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Manchester Arena incident - many reported dead

they do it because they can get away with it - and by doing it they legitimise bigotry and hate. They absolutely should be condemned, made social pariahs and those that pay them shamed into sacking them.
All that shaming hasn't seemed to have hurt Katie Hopkins' career one iota. Whilst getting sacked because no one gives a shit what she is saying would.

Yup don't forget Al Qaeda's stated aim was a worldwide Caliphate and a ban on Take That reunion gigs. Are you and bungle playing a game to find the least sensitive angle to focus on this tragedy?
How is it insensitive? i think its a valid point. If we let the word stop they have won, simples.

Reports that Take That Are unlikely now to be playing the MEN this week and Ariana Grande postponing 02 gig, the terrorists have won if this happens, better to get on with it and carry on as normal surely.

I fear that the Champions League final is Cardiff next week may well be a target now.

Her o2 gig is on Thursday on a swift google, I don't imagine she will even have begun to process this by then.

It's so strange and feels wrong voyeuristic that we can see this unfolding in real time, desperate people posting smiling pictures of their loved ones who they don't know if are safe or amongst the dead asking if anyone has seen them.

How is it insensitive? i think its a valid point. If we let the word stop they have won, simples.
yeh but it's one thing for e.g. me to struggle into work - and it is always a struggle - as usual after a terrorist attack. rather harder, perhaps, for people who've been nearer the heart of such attacks, like the eagles of death metal or ariana grande, to continue as usual.

It's so strange and feels wrong voyeuristic that we can see this unfolding in real time, desperate people posting smiling pictures of their loved ones who they don't know if are safe or amongst the dead asking if anyone has seen them.
not sure how else it would unfold. it's desperately sad, seeing what's emerging about those confirmed dead. don't expect a massacre at a pop gig :(

My TV is off and I'm mainly restricting myself to this thread. Too many unpleasant memories of the July 7th attack.

Never mind Grande will be acting on advice from any number of people but I'd expect she feels pretty dreadful herself this morning, maybe even guilty. Reactions to this sort of thing as it's so unusual fly off in all directions.
yeh, there'll be a lot of people who emerged physically unharmed from last night, who may even not have seen a drop of blood, but who will feel the effects of this for many years to come

You can report someone for inciting hatred without giving her the oxygen of publicity. The problem is that should be charged and found not guilty it will just embolden her - and it's doubtful that a jury will convict her on the grounds of that tweet alone.
give her till the end of the day, sure something else will emerge.

My TV is off and I'm mainly restricting myself to this thread. Too many unpleasant memories of the July 7th attack.
I could do with going to the shops at some point, part of me wants to just lock myself down for the next day or two (which will inevitably lead to me being glued to the internet watching for new developments), another part wants to just get away for a walk somewhere out of the city for a bit. Problem is that a lot of the trains and trams are disrupted for obvious reasons.

Never mind Grande will be acting on advice from any number of people but I'd expect she feels pretty dreadful herself this morning, maybe even guilty. Reactions to this sort of thing as it's so unusual fly off in all directions.

She's 24 years old herself, barely older than some of her victims. I suspect she's also incredibly traumatised by all this

I could do with going to the shops at some point, part of me wants to just lock myself down for the next day or two (which will inevitably lead to me being glued to the internet watching for new developments), another part wants to just get away for a walk somewhere out of the city for a bit. Problem is that a lot of the trains and trams are disrupted for obvious reasons.
why not take a stroll and some pictures which you could share here.

People like Katie Hopkins thrive on publicity and the controversy they create. Stop rising to her trolling and she has no reason to exist and will fade away to nothing.
A fine and laudable sentiment, but it doesn't happen, does it? And, on that basis, it seems fairly pointless to continually be advocating it.

Because, if that were the solution to Katie Hopkins and her kind, she would never have been famous for being a motormouth in the first place. The fact that she is constitutes proof that "just ignore" is doomed to failure.

At least today we have a more equal platform. 20 years ago, someone like her could vomit her filth onto the pages of newspapers, and nobody could answer back. Today, that "attention" you decry is the voices of millions of people who disagree with her vileness answering back.

Why on earth would we want to give up on that right to reply?

Reports that Take That Are unlikely now to be playing the MEN this week and Ariana Grande postponing 02 gig, the terrorists have won if this happens, better to get on with it and carry on as normal surely.

I fear that the Champions League final is Cardiff next week may well be a target now.

The CL Final like any big event would be a threat in any case .Not sure that Daesh or the jihaadists would have as their final outcome for victory as Take That cancelling a gig, normally it would be the establishment of a caliphate.

Oops beaten to it

Having spent the opening days of the second Gulf War sat in a flat in Manchester watching the horror unfold on twenty-four hour news, I'd suggest that a walk in the Pennines is probably the healthier option. It only takes about ten minutes to get to Stalybridge by train...

The CL Final like any big event would be a threat in any case .Not sure that Daesh or the jihaadists would have as their final outcome for victory as Take That cancelling a gig, normally it would be the establishment of a caliphate.
yeh but they might see the final dissolution of tt as a step towards that

Back
Top Bottom