Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Manchester Arena incident - many reported dead

the cunt that did this would have been looking directly at those smiling and happy kids and parents as he detonated his device. He probably calculated the best moment to do it so as to cause maximum death and destruction. How fucked up does someone have to be to do that? How can someone subsume their humanity to a dogma of hate to that extent?

It's been stabbing, guns and lorries for a while, can't remember when the cunts last used a bomb in Europe. Can't think of the mindset that sits there and carefully assembles something like this.
There were 4 suicide bombers in the 2015 Paris attacks. All the gunmen had explosive vest too, two of which were detonated.

Awful news...I'm getting mixed messages about whether London Victoria Train station is open or not. Does anyone know? I know VCS was closed due to a suspected package. I think it's going to be chaos all over UK today travel wise.

Paris 2015
Just looked at the Wikipedia entry for the November 2015 Paris attacks, and yes, they were bombings that contributed to the bloodbath, even though it guns that was used to spill most of the blood there - although at the end of the day, what difference does it really make? Murdering scum are murdering scum regardless of the tools they use.

Stade de France explosions
Three explosions occurred near the country's national sports stadium, the Stade de France, in the suburb of Saint-Denis, resulting in four deaths, including the three suicide bombers.[59] The explosions happened at 21:16, 21:19,[note 1] and 21:53.[60] The first explosion near the stadium was about 20 minutes after the start of an international friendly football match between France and Germany, which President Hollande was attending.[61][62] The first bomber was prevented from entering the stadium after a security guard patted him down and discovered the suicide vest;[63] a few seconds after being turned away, he detonated the vest, killing himself and a bystander.[64] Investigators later surmised that the first suicide bomber had planned to detonate his vest within the stadium, triggering the crowd's panicked exit onto the streets where two other bombers were lying in wait.[65] Ten minutes after the first bombing, the second bomber blew himself up near the stadium.[note 1] Another 23 minutes after that, the third bomber's vest detonated nearby; according to some reports, that location was at a McDonald's restaurant;[63][66] others state that the bomb detonated some distance away from any discernible target.[67]

Hollande was evacuated from the stadium at half-time, while the German foreign minister, Frank-Walter Steinmeier, remained at the stadium.[68][69]Hollande met with his interior minister Bernard Cazeneuve to co-ordinate a response to the emergency.[70] Two of the explosions were heard on the live televised broadcast of the match;[note 1] both football coaches were informed by French officials of a developing crisis, but players and fans were kept unaware of it until the game had finished.[71] Hollande, concerned that the safety of the crowd outside the stadium could not be assured if the match was immediately cancelled, decided that the game should continue without a public announcement.[65]

Following the game, fans were brought onto the pitch to await evacuation as police monitored all the exits around the venue. Security sources said all three explosions were suicide bombings.[17] The German national football team was advised not to return to their hotel, where there had been a bomb threat earlier in the day, and they spent the night in the stadium on mattresses, along with the French team, who stayed with them in a display of camaraderie.[72]

Boulevard Voltaire bombing
At about 21:40, on the boulevard Voltaire in the 11th arrondissement, near the place de la Nation,[17] a man sat down in the Comptoir Voltaire café and placed an order before detonating his suicide vest, killing himself and injuring fifteen people, one of them seriously.[78][79]

one-upmanship ill becomes you. Nothing condescending in my post and I would never, as you do, use the emotion of the moment to patronise and belittle.
I was trying to recall from memory the last time a bombing had occurred in Europe (rather than a shooting, stabbing, or deliberate use of a truck to kill). You decided to use a sneering tone to point out that I was incorrect, which there was no need for at all.

I was trying to recall from memory the last time a bombing had occurred in Europe (rather than a shooting, stabbing, or deliberate use of a truck to kill). You decided to use a sneering tone to point out that I was incorrect, which there was no need for at all.
If you think this advances your argument or is consonant with the thread I think you're wrong. Let us hear no more bickering.

the cunt that did this would have been looking directly at those smiling and happy kids and parents as he detonated his device. He probably calculated the best moment to do it so as to cause maximum death and destruction. How fucked up does someone have to be to do that? How can someone subsume their humanity to a dogma of hate to that extent?
And had presumably just sat through the concert with them... Two hours of being part of something, part of a shared experience... It somehow seems harsher than walking into a market a killing people you've never seen before.

If you think this advances your argument or is consonant with the thread I think you're wrong. Let us hear no more bickering.
I'm not advancing any argument now - just pointing out that you needlessly talked down to me and then resorted to gaslighting when I responded back, treating me like a child, something I have seen you do plenty of times on these boards.

And had presumably just sat through the concert with them... Two hours of being part of something, part of a shared experience... It somehow seems harsher than walking into a market a killing people you've never seen before.

Current info is saying it happened in the foyer, I'd think it's fairly likely the bomber came from outside the venue. Fucking grim news this.

He won't have got in, it was outside the arena lobby according to reports

From what I gather (ie the MEN Arena's statement that it happened in a public area), it seems likely that they waited outside for the exit doors to open. No need to worry about searches, just wait for the crowd to come to you

Sadly nothing senseless about it. This was done to provoke a reaction and as the murder of lee rigby showed there will always be people up for responding.
Hadn't thought of it until you mentioned Rigby, but yesterday was the anniversary of his death. Probably just a horrible coincidence, but those sorts of emotions will already have been running high - saw a video on Facebook of some guys gluing a plaque to the pavement as the council won't condone an official memorial, or something. Can only imagine what they're hideous thoughts that will be going through their heads today :(

You seem determined to prolong it though. I don't think I have to be a mod to tell you this isn't the place for petty arguing. Just leave it alone.
I have said all that needs to be said anyway. Feeling pretty tender amid all this, hearing of such bloodshed in the very city I live in. It's a good job (for me) that I don't really participate on Twitter much these days.

Katie Hopkins is having a rare old time. However, demanding a “final solution” is possibly not really what anyone needs :eek:

DAfvQTaWsAAHLng.jpg

Katie Hopkins reported to police after demanding 'final solution' following Manchester attack

Tweet now seems to have been deleted; a slightly tweaked one is up instead:

Katie Hopkins is having a rare old time. However, demanding a “final solution” is possibly not really what anyone needs :eek:

DAfvQTaWsAAHLng.jpg

Katie Hopkins reported to police after demanding 'final solution' following Manchester attack

Tweet now seems to have been deleted; a slightly tweaked one is up instead:

I briefly tuned into GMB this morning to see Piers Morgan saying very similar. 'We don't need any more candlelight vigils, we need action'

What action would that be Piers?

Terrorism's goal is to spread hatred and intolerance, quoting Piers, Hopkins Paul Joeseph Watson et all, is making the situation worse.

21 years ago the IRA detonated a 5,000lb in Manchester, Manchester didn't give into hate then, please dont do so no.

Katie Hopkins tweets something outrageously vile amid an atrocity. In other news, the Pope is Catholic. People really need to start denying her the oxygen of publicity.
by no means, this is when her voice should most be heard. she should be given the mockery she deserves so her proposals fall by the wayside with no one else hurt.

Back
Top Bottom