Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Manchester Arena incident - many reported dead

Awful to wake up to.

Two nights ago I was watching Iron Maiden in Birmingham. Bruce giving his usual speech about not giving a shit what race, creed, colour or religion you are when you come to a show. Talking about being able to switch off the outside world and the lunatics therein for a couple of hours spent with friends and like minded people having a good time. That's why they do it, that's why we do it.

Gearing up for a summer of working big shows now, first one on Saturday. This is going to be interesting.

This was posted on twitter hours before the attack and picked up by 'civilians' who monitor these nutjobs. Glad the security services also monitor them as closely.

40AE6C3200000578-4531940-A_Twitter_account_which_was_unverified_posted_this_hours_before_-m-122_1495508460131.jpg
Sarcasm. The lowest form of wit. Doesn't suit you.

You have to be careful with them tweet times also, as they look different depending where you are.
Yeah this gamer prick posted this around midnight

leavitt twitter.jpg

But by not being logged in, my screenie shows yesterday afternoon. Deleted now after a few people had a word apparently.

I watched the whole thing develop last night - texted my mother when I first heard the news (before the police had said there was fatalities, and hoping upon hope that it was just a balloon or something as some initial tweets had said) since she would have otherwise had been in hysterics. Ever since the London bombings, and moreso after the spate of attacks in continental Europe, I have thought it would be a only a matter of time that a British city outside London would be targeted, and more likely than not it would be Manchester, with its "second city" status and all. I could still hear sirens and helicopters from around 1.30am as I tried to put it out of my mind and get to sleep. Still shocking to hear of such senseless loss of life so close to home. :(

Last edited:
It's been stabbing, guns and lorries for a while, can't remember when the cunts last used a bomb in Europe. Can't think of the mindset that sits there and carefully assembles something like this.

It's been stabbing, guns and lorries for a while, can't remember when the cunts last used a bomb in Europe. Can't think of the mindset that sits there and carefully assembles something like this.

NYT had something a year or so back showing the trend away from complex operations requiring logistics support, towards stuff a motivated loner or small but isolated group can do using an 'open source' concept, but which becomes an action on behalf of Daesh or whoever on the basis of a Facebook post.

Like the doctors plot of '07, where they tried to attack clubbers on haymarket and then attacked Glasgow airport

Trying to recall this now - if we are talking about Islamists then it might have been the 2005 London bombings, otherwise Anders Brevik.

NYT had something a year or so back showing the trend away from complex operations requiring logistics support, towards stuff a motivated loner or small but isolated group can do using an 'open source' concept, but which becomes an action on behalf of Daesh or whoever on the basis of a Facebook post.
The thing is Daesh will happily claim responsibility for any Islamist-motivated attack, regardless of scale - even if the perpetrator was acting without any orders or guidance from them.

Back
Top Bottom