Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Manchester Arena incident - many reported dead

I live 2km from Mcr Vic but aside from having more Manc stuff and people in my feeds than average I'm as clueless as anyone. As far as I know I know no one caught up directly in this but it's still sickening and sure to have a profound effect on everyone in the city for a long time to come. how those directly effected will cope...I have no idea, can only hope for the best...it's too awful and upsetting even for those of us on the relative periphery. But the wonderful and resilient people of this city can and will get through this.

Separately, this has been going around, I hope it's still appropriate. The immediate fog sometimes starts to clear after a few hours but it's generally applicable stuff for occurrences that are horrifically too common.

DAeYsOWXsAAAHOn.jpg

I live 2km from Mcr Vic but aside from having more Manc stuff and people in my feeds than average I'm as clueless as anyone. As far as I know I know no one caught up directly in this but it's still sickening and sure to have a profound effect on everyone in the city for a long time to come. how those directly effected will cope...I have no idea, can only hope for the best...it's too awful and upsetting even for those of us on the relative periphery. But the wonderful and resilient people of this city can and will get through this.

Separately, this has been going around, I hope it's still appropriate. The immediate fog sometimes starts to clear after a few hours but it's generally applicable stuff for occurrences that are horrifically too common.

DAeYsOWXsAAAHOn.jpg

Great post. It's important to stay calm when things are going a bit mad like this.

I'm not far away either about a mile or so. So tonight has been quite disturbing. Have been thinking of ways to help but all I can come up with at the moment is donating blood so off to do that first thing. Hopefully as more becomes clear over the next day or two there will be more practical things I can do.

Going to be a strange city in the morning that's for sure. Hope you're ok?

Great post. It's important to stay calm when things are going a bit mad like this.

I'm not far away either about a mile or so. So tonight has been quite disturbing. Have been thinking of ways to help but all I can come up with at the moment is donating blood so off to do that first thing. Hopefully as more becomes clear over the next day or two there will be more practical things I can do.

Going to be a strange city in the morning that's for sure. Hope you're ok?

I'm as ok as can be expected. I do some work supporting people with depression and anxiety, so that's going to be challenging. Hope you are ok too, yes it's going to be a very difficult time for some time to come.

I'm as ok as can be expected. I do some work supporting people with depression and anxiety, so that's going to be challenging. Hope you are ok too, yes it's going to be a very difficult time for some time to come.

I hope your work goes ok over the coming days and weeks. Yeah can see that being difficult. Bit worried about all the rough sleepers in the city centre, this must be horrific for them. I was so thankful for my home this evening.

I am ok but shook up. See how things go tomorrow I suppose but I will probably have a lot of anxiety over the coming days. Can deal with that though, just going to find some way to put some positive energy into the city innit. Peace and love mate.

I'm gutted. Really gutted.

I'm abroad at the moment and trying to make sure my family and mates are ok. My mates are mostly the wrong demographic but enough of them have kids of the right age.

I've got/had tickets for plenty of gigs there over the years. Sobering to think how quickly things can go from ecstatic to tragic, on such a large scale, in seconds thanks to the actions of some fucking cunts. :(

The last gig I saw in the U.K. Before I emigrated was at the MEN. Been there loads of times. The fact they chose a gig full of teenagers and kids is particularly disgusting. Don't know what to say other than that.

A few bits and peices from listening to Today this morning. And a bit of rampant speculation.

Death toll still at 19

American intelligence have said it was a suicide bombing, but British police have not confirmed.

Witness saying the explosion was in a foyer area, and everyone was searched going in.

So it sounds like someone waiting outside for people to leave.

It sounds like the entrance above the performs in Manchester Victoria, near where there was a McDonald's. If it was then this is where all the fire exits where kept locked until I reported the fuckers.

Back
Top Bottom