Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Mad Paul Mason

But, if there were any basis for the claims that the LP were talking funding from a foreign state, either directly or indirectly, that would be quite different to accepting money from a domestic union.
But that isn't the accusation. It's that money from Israel supporting donors is the same thing as money from the state. Which is just wrong. Furthermore, they are claiming that it is the money that is doing the corrupting - so the argument does apply to unions.

Both arguments are bullshit and should be called out.

The UK is not dominated by the State of Israel; it can ignore that state should it choose to do so. However, it would be true to say that the USA has a large influence on the UK. The fact that the UK shares its intelligence with the USA indicates that it is not wholly independent of Uncle Sam.

It is also true that the USA was worried about the drift of the Labour Party away from “Atlanticism” in the 1980s, and did try to cultivate up and coming Labour politicians. It is documented that there was something called the British American Project for the Successor Generation, which arranged for a number of people, who became prominent in Blair’s NewLabour, to study in the USA.

The reason that the USA backs the State of Israel is that it sees it in its imperialist interests to do so. No-one would argue that the reason that the USA backed the military junta in the civil war in El Salvador in the 1980s was because of the “Salvadorean lobby”. The UK backs the State of Israel because it sees it as in its imperialist interests to do so, and because it is subordinate to US imperialism.
The Ford Foundation was identifying up and coming Chinese officials and getting them on post-grad courses in the US around the same time, plenty of pushing Chicago economics.

Reactions: PTK
But that isn't the accusation. It's that money from Israel supporting donors is the same thing as money from the state. Which is just wrong. Furthermore, they are claiming that it is the money that is doing the corrupting - so the argument does apply to unions.

Both arguments are bullshit and should be called out.
tbf to the activist, the recordings and transcript don't suggest that was her accusation at all; she implied a direct funding & sponsorship from the state of Israel. i assume she was thinking of the Joan Ryan sting tape etc?

tbf to the activist, the recordings and transcript don't suggest that was her accusation at all; she implied a direct funding & sponsorship from the state of Israel. i assume she was thinking of the Joan Ryan sting tape etc?
She did. I doubt she was thinking of the Ryan 'sting' (it wasn't actually a sting at all, just an embarrassing recording) as that did not imply any direst state funding. Or maybe she was and was misremembering it, as many do. The direct evidence of direct Israeli state interference was very small and consisted of one junior employee. Joan Ryan doesn't support Israel cos it's a way of getting herself some money. She does so because thats her politics.

She did. I doubt she was thinking of the Ryan 'sting' (it wasn't actually a sting at all, just an embarrassing recording) as that did not imply any direst state funding. Or maybe she was and was misremembering it, as many do. The direct evidence of direct Israeli state interference was very small and consisted of one junior employee. Joan Ryan doesn't support Israel cos it's a way of getting herself some money. She does so because thats her politics.
Yes, maybe 'sting' was not completely correct as the meeting filmed was not fabricated to incriminate any of the participants; it was merely a covertly filmed meeting. Now you're making me if I've mis-remembered it; wasn't it about an Israeli embassy employee telling her that there was £1M of Israeli state money available to set up a student LFI? If so, that does sound very much direct state funding, tbh.

And, either way, it is not a discussion that is ever going to go anywhere. It's purely a flag to denote your own position one way or the other. Sound and fury.

But, if there were any basis for the claims that the LP were talking funding from a foreign state, either directly or indirectly, that would be quite different to accepting money from a domestic union.
There are not just claims but facts: the Al jazeera Labour files

Yes, maybe 'sting' was not completely correct as the meeting filmed was not fabricated to incriminate any of the participants; it was merely a covertly filmed meeting. Now you're making me if I've mis-remembered it; wasn't it about an Israeli embassy employee telling her that there was £1M of Israeli state money available to set up a student LFI? If so, that does sound very much direct state funding, tbh.
The vilest thing about Mason is he responds to her cricism of Zionism by saying you mean Jews don’t you. A despicable slur.

Frankly, I think Mason needs psychiatric help.

Yeah, fair; the only evidence I've seen is the evidence presented in the programme. Are you saying you've seen other evidence to suggest it was AI?
See, this is why bringing it up is pointless. People convinced of something (that may well be right) will grasp at the thinnest of evidence and proclaim it is proof when it is nothing of the kind. The fact that there was a video is the only thing that made it 'evidence' at all. Otherwise it would just be hearsay. But there is nothing to indicate the speaker actually had the power to back his statements up, no evidence that there was any money in the first place, still less that it was going to come from The State (rather than, say, other friendly donors). There is zero evidence that he wasn't just some minor official trying to impress a visiting politician.

See, this is why bringing it up is pointless. People convinced of something (that may well be right) will grasp at the thinnest of evidence and proclaim it is proof when it is nothing of the kind. The fact that there was a video is the only thing that made it 'evidence' at all. Otherwise it would just be hearsay. But there is nothing to indicate the speaker actually had the power to back his statements up, no evidence that there was any money in the first place, still less that it was going to come from The State (rather than, say, other friendly donors). There is zero evidence that he wasn't just some minor official trying to impress a visiting politician.
I suggest you read Asa Winstanleys book Weaponising Anti-Semitism. It is chock full of evidence

But not evidence that the reason for the LP's attitude was because of Israeli money, which is the allegation under discussion.

If only it was that bloody easy.
The book outlines a long term strategy to reverse anti-zionism. Have you read it? When I finished it almost made me physically sick it is that powerful

It is worth noting Starmer was a past BDS supporter and Rayner was pro-Palestinian. I suggest neither turned turtle for any principled reason. Not just money of course: the media is infested with Zionists

The book outlines a long term strategy to reverse anti-zionism. Have you read it? When I finished it almost made me physically sick it is that powerful

It is worth noting Starmer was a past BDS supporter and Rayner was pro-Palestinian. I suggest neither turned turtle for any principled reason. Not just money of course: the media is infested with Zionists

Sorry, but that last line sounds well dodgy.

Back
Top Bottom