Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

London Anarchist Bookfair 2022

I'm not sure what you're expecting to achieve by griping at me like I'm responsible for the phenomenon rather than describing possible reasons for it, but alright.

Last edited:
As personal lexicon: All the best is fine, best regards is "I'm irritated with you but I suppose I should be cordial" and regards as above. If it's just the text followed by your own name then it can be either absolutely fine (I don't need to all the best or best regards you, you're a mate) or absolutely not (you don't get a regards you bastard), depending on context.

I have someone at my work who insists on signing off e-mails "Go Well"

anti-tank-guided-missile-63033_1280 (1).jpg

Not a huge fan of the direction Lisa has taken in recent times, but so what? That book appears to be a valid collective project that seems eminently suitable to have a stall at an anarchist book fair.

If an anarchist can't sell their book at an anarchist book fair then it does raise the question of what's the fucking point of holding in the first place?

I'd rather not see any fascists pretending to be anarchists selling their books at an anarchist bookfair.

I don't think anyone can claim that out-TERFs are anything but fascists, right?

So, is Lisa a fascist? Is that the direction you're not a fan of?

I'd rather not see any fascists pretending to be anarchists selling their books at an anarchist bookfair.

I think you disagree strongly and firmly with terfs (and indeed a whole lot of other people) without thinking that it's useful to describe them as fascists. Not particularly a fan of Lisa Mckenzie, and even less so of the Lisa Mackenzie who I've just learned about, but also don't think I've seen anything that makes me think either of them could be usefully characterised as fascists?

That's a uselessly broad definition of "fascist" imo
Fascist = Everyone in the world who doesn’t agree completely and unequivocally with every line of your tiny groupcicle. So basically rich! and his mate Trevor. And even Trevor is beginning to look a bit suspect …

Last edited:

I think you're confusing our lisa mckenzie with someone of a similar name with very different politics

🚨
📣
🔥
Friends, comrades and co-conspirators, we are pleased to share some good news in these dark times:
🌱
Following last year’s successful collaboration, the Antiuniversity and Anarchist Bookfair in London will once again join forces this year for a week-long festival of radical learning, mutual education and printed resistance.
🎊
These events will take place in September, Antiuni festival will be in locations all over the world and, as always, programmed by you. The Bookfair will take place on during this week Sept in London, showcasing the most exciting rad publishing of 2022 with all your favourite radical booksellers, campaigns, stalls, alongside talks and workshops.
💰
We urgently need funds to make this event happen, we're looking for at least £2250, so that we can secure the venue, provide accessibility support and sort out all of that good stuff which makes the yearly bookfair so special.
⬇️

DONATE HERE: https://www.firefund.net/bookfair2022

279561729_10158420671946128_74978070195943810_n.jpg

hqdefault.jpg
There hasn't been a london anarchist bookfair since 2017. The utter wank that has replaced it just doesn't count.

Or indeed grumpy, whichever you fancy really. You're doing well here on underlining the actual query.

There hasn't been a london anarchist bookfair since 2017. The utter wank that has replaced it just doesn't count.
as the most anarchist poster ever on here you obviously believe more than anyone in the principle and potential of collaboratively and constructively working through your differences with others in a sprit of solidarity and mutual aid - i look forward to your reports on how you've improved the situation.

In fairness you can also lay claim to being the most anarchist poster ever through comprehensively denouncing everyone around you. It's a more individualist one, but it has precedent - David Nicoll for example.

Back
Top Bottom