Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Lampedusa boat disaster: Divers recover more bodies

To spit his dummy, stamp his feet, and scweam and scweam and scweam, about all the nasty anti-immigwants who don't have a humanitarian bone in their bodies.

To spit his dummy, stamp his feet, and scweam and scweam and scweam, about all the nasty anti-immigwants who don't have a humanitarian bone in their bodies.
This is what I've come to expect from you, Spymaster. If you can't get your own way, you hurl abuse.

Like I said before, you have no compassion. For you, this is all about one thing.

But you still haven't told us what you'd do if you were faced with the same problems as these unfortunate refugees. Would you stay and die? Come on, the clock's ticking.

I don't have one.

You seem quite vocal though, which is why I asked.

If you don't have one that's fine, there's nothing in the rules about blowing hot air around the boards.

if you do have one, I'd really like to hear it, it may even move the debate on.
Yet you ask if I have a solution. That's a bit low.

In response to your constant misrepresentations of myself and other posters.

You cunt.
More abuse. As for misrepresentations, you've been doing that since you first interacted with me on this thread.

Would you care to answer the question or shall we presume you have no compassion?

Potential solution: an African Union-United Nations joint task force, with a rotating presidency and board of command shared between nations bordering Libya and the nations from which the greatest number of migrants are coming, to take control of the ports in Libya. Of course that's only really the tip of the iceberg. What we really need is a complete reversal in our policies towards Africa. It would require the rich governments of the world to spend an inordinate amount of money on improving living conditions in the developing world at the expense of their own citizens, who would have to suck it up.

Anyway this very quickly gets into incredibly idealistic territory very quickly, but it's better to have some imagination in one's vision of a better world rather than be constrained by what is or isn't considered "realistic".

To start with, I think the idea of Libya as a single nation state needs to be abandoned, as does Syria.

No you didn't. You said that I've avoided answering a question that as far as I'm aware I hadn't been asked at the time. Am I mistaken or were you lying about that too?
Well, I'm asking you now or would you rather avoid it?

Remind me, what was this thread actually about again?

Back
Top Bottom