Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Over 44 people killed in crowd disaster in Israel

Do you mean preventable by preventing there being a dense crowd in an enclosed space ? If that’s what you mean then yeah, but I don’t think that’s going to happen.

eta someone has attempted a list of known human stampede disasters.
People in authority thinking ahead and applying some simple rules. Then taking responsibility, wether that be police, organisers, high priests what ever. It's not hard to sort things out these days and none of it is rocket science. Before people get there, once people are there in numbers if you haven't planned you're in trouble.

People in authority thinking ahead and applying some simple rules. Then taking responsibility, wether that be police, organisers, high priests what ever. It's not hard to sort things out these days and none of it is rocket science. Before people get there, once people are there in numbers if you haven't planned you're in trouble.
I don’t think it is simple. Unless you really think it’s possible or even desirable for there always to be people in authority stopping there being more than whatever is safe humans per square meter. For instance barriers can help or can cause disaster, not that simple imo. One person shouting fire, or other panics, you can’t really prevent that.
if you look at that list, many of the causes are things like that, sudden panic for no real reason, in crowds that were fine until that moment.

Have to honest, really don't know why I'm supposed to care about the misfortunes of the jewish equivalent of the Taliban. The Mount Meron disaster is the main story on the Guardian site. The irony is that if it was pretty much any other group of people, these fundamentalists and bigots would be delighted and would be claiming it was a 'punishment from god'. These are ultra orthodox jews we are talking about after all.
You silly, ignorant, bigoted twat.

Even if you do try to return after your current banning, your mask has well and truly slipped now.

Last edited:
This is my worst nightmare. I had a scary moment trying to go over the bridge near the main stage at Glastonbury, the year the fence was pulled down, I've never been more scared in my life. That was the year people were pitching their tents in the fire lanes. I was actually happy when they built the big fuck off fence, it felt much safer.

Back
Top Bottom